Estimating Income Distributions Using a Mixture of Gamma Densities
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cowell, Frank, 1996.
"Estimation of inequality indices,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
2229, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Frank A Cowell, 1996. "Estimation of Inequality Indices," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 25, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Chotikapanich, Duangkamon & Griffiths, William E. & Rao, D. S. Prasada, 2007.
"Estimating and Combining National Income Distributions Using Limited Data,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 25, pages 97-109, January.
- D.S. Prasada Rao & Duangkamon Chotikapanich & William E. Griffiths, 2004. "Estimating and Combining National Income Distributions using Limited Data," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 213, Econometric Society.
- Duangkamon Chotikapanich & William E. Griffiths & D.S. Prasada Rao, 2005. "Estimating and Combining National Income Distributions using Limited Data," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 926, The University of Melbourne.
- Garry F. Barrett & Stephen G. Donald, 2003. "Consistent Tests for Stochastic Dominance," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(1), pages 71-104, January.
- Hasegawa, Hikaru & Kozumi, Hideo, 2003. "Estimation of Lorenz curves: a Bayesian nonparametric approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 277-291, August.
- Duangkamon Chotikapanich & William E. Griffiths, 2006. "Bayesian Assessment of Lorenz and Stochastic Dominance in Income Distributions," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 960, The University of Melbourne.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stanislaw Maciej Kot, 2016. "Estimates Of The World Distribution Of Personal Incomes Based On Country Sample Clones," GUT FME Working Paper Series A 41, Faculty of Management and Economics, Gdansk University of Technology.
- David Warner & Prasada Rao & William E. Griffiths & Duangkamon Chotikapanich, 2011. "Global Inequality: Levels and Trends, 1993-2005," Discussion Papers Series 436, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Lubrano, Michel & Ndoye, Abdoul Aziz Junior, 2016.
"Income inequality decomposition using a finite mixture of log-normal distributions: A Bayesian approach,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 830-846.
- Michel Lubrano & Abdoul Aziz Junior Ndoye, 2016. "Income inequality decomposition using a finite mixture of log-normal distributions: A Bayesian approach," Post-Print hal-01440303, HAL.
- William E. Griffiths and Gholamreza Hajargasht, 2012. "GMM Estimation of Mixtures from Grouped Data:," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1148, The University of Melbourne.
- García-Fernández, Rosa María & Gottlieb, Daniel & Palacios-González, Frederico, 2013.
"Polarization, growth and social policy in the case of Israel, 1997-2008,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 7, pages 1-40.
- García-Fernándeza, Rosa María & Gottlieb, Daniel & Palacios-González, Federico, 2012. "Polarization, growth and social policy in the case of Israel, 1997 - 2008," Economics Discussion Papers 2012-55, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Iead Rezek, 2011. "Constrained Mixture Models for Asset Returns Modelling," Papers 1103.2670, arXiv.org.
- Callealta Barroso, Francisco Javier & García-Pérez, Carmelo & Prieto-Alaiz, Mercedes, 2020. "Modelling income distribution using the log Student’s t distribution: New evidence for European Union countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 512-522.
- Maxim Pinkovskiy & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2009. "Parametric Estimations of the World Distribution of Income," NBER Working Papers 15433, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew C. Chang & Phillip Li & Shawn M. Martin, 2018.
"Comparing cross‐country estimates of Lorenz curves using a Dirichlet distribution across estimators and datasets,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(3), pages 473-478, April.
- Andrew C. Chang & Phillip Li & Shawn M. Martin, 2017. "Comparing Cross-Country Estimates of Lorenz Curves Using a Dirichlet Distribution Across Estimators and Datasets," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2017-062, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mlb:wpaper:1034. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dandapani Lokanathan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/demelau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.