Conditional stochastic dominance tests in dynamic settings
This paper proposes nonparametric consistent tests of conditional stochastic dominance of arbitrary order in a dynamic setting. The novelty of these tests resides on the nonparametric manner of incorporating the information set into the test. The test allows for general forms of unknown serial and mutual dependence between random variables, and has an asymptotic distribution under the null hypothesis that can be easily approximated by a p-value transformation method. This method has a good finite-sample performance. These tests are applied to determine investment efficiency between US industry portfolios conditional on the performance of the market portfolio. Our analysis suggests that Utilities are the best performing sectors in normal as well as distress episodes of the market.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +34-91 6249594
Fax: +34-91 6249329
Web page: http://www.eco.uc3m.es
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Olivier Scaillet & Nikolas Topaloglou, 2005.
"Testing for Stochastic Dominance Efficiency,"
FAME Research Paper Series
rp154, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Qi Li & Jeffrey Scott Racine, 2006. "Nonparametric Econometrics: Theory and Practice," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 8355, March.
- Miguel A. Delgado & Juan Carlos Escanciano, 2013.
"Conditional Stochastic Dominance Testing,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(1), pages 16-28, January.
- Kaur, Amarjot & Prakasa Rao, B.L.S. & Singh, Harshinder, 1994. "Testing for Second-Order Stochastic Dominance of Two Distributions," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(05), pages 849-866, December.
- Delgado, Miguel A. & Carlos Escanciano, J., 2007. "Nonparametric tests for conditional symmetry in dynamic models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 652-682, December.
- Garry F. Barrett & Stephen G. Donald, 2003. "Consistent Tests for Stochastic Dominance," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(1), pages 71-104, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:werepe:we1029. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.