Natural Selection, Technological Progress, and the Origin of Human Longevity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bernard Dafflon, 2012.
"Voluntary amalgamation of local governments: the Swiss debate in the European context,"
International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU
paper1204, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Dafflon, Bernard, 2012. "Voluntary amalgamation of local governments: the Swiss debate in the European context," FSES Working Papers 426, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Freiburg/Fribourg Switzerland.
- Alberto Alesina & Enrico Spolaore, 1997. "On the Number and Size of Nations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1027-1056.
- Niklas Hanes & Magnus WikstrÃ¶m & Erik WÃ¥ngmar, 2012. "Municipal Preferences for State-imposed Amalgamations: An Empirical Study Based on the Swedish Municipal Reform of 1952," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 49(12), pages 2733-2750, September.
- Frederic Blaeschke, 2014. "What drives small municipalities to cooperate? Evidence from Hessian municipalities," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201414, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- repec:hrv:faseco:4553034 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eric Weese, 2015.
"Political mergers as coalition formation: An analysis of the Heisei municipal amalgamations,"
Econometric Society, vol. 6(2), pages 257-307, July.
- Eric Weese, 2013. "Political Mergers as Coalition Formation: An Analysis of the Heisei Municipal Amalgamations," Working Papers 1022, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Weese, Eric, 2013. "Political Mergers as Coalition Formation: An Analysis of the Heisei Municipal Amalgamations," Working Papers 113, Yale University, Department of Economics.
- Dani Rodrik, 1996. "Understanding Economic Policy Reform," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(1), pages 9-41, March.
- Saarimaa, Tuukka & Tukiainen, Janne, 2014. "I Don't Care to Belong to Any Club That Will Have Me as a Member: Empirical Analysis of Municipal Mergers," Political Science Research and Methods, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(01), pages 97-117, April.
- Arild Gjertsen, 2014. "Legitimacy in Interlocal Partnerships: Balancing Efficiency and Democracy," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 51(9), pages 1926-1942, July.
- Ivo Bischoff & Lars-H. Siemers, 2013. "Biased beliefs and retrospective voting: why democracies choose mediocre policies," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 156(1), pages 163-180, July.
- Alberto Alesina & Reza Baqir & Caroline Hoxby, 2004.
"Political Jurisdictions in Heterogeneous Communities,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(2), pages 348-396, April.
- Alberto Alesina & Reza Baqir & Caroline Hoxby, 2000. "Political Jurisdictions in Heterogeneous Communities," NBER Working Papers 7859, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hoxby, Caroline & Baqir, Reza & Alesina, Alberto, 2004. "Political Jurisdictions in Heterogeneous Communities," Scholarly Articles 4552532, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alberto Alesina & Reza Baqir & Caroline Hoxby, 2002. "Political Jurisdictions in Heterogeneous Communities," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1949, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Brasington, David M., 1999. "Joint provision of public goods: the consolidation of school districts," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(3), pages 373-393, September.
- Blesse, Sebastian & Baskaran, Thushyanthan, 2016.
"Do municipal mergers reduce costs? Evidence from a German federal state,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 54-74.
- Blesse, Sebastian & Baskaran, Thushyanthan, 2014. "Do municipal mergers reduce costs? Evidence from a German federal state," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 176 [rev.], University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Blesse, Sebastian & Baskaran, Thushyanthan, 2016. "Do municipal mergers reduce costs? Evidence from a German federal state," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-041, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Germà Bel & Mildred E. Warner, 2016.
"Factors explaining inter-municipal cooperation in service delivery: a meta-regression analysis,"
Journal of Economic Policy Reform,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 91-115, June.
- Germà Bel & Mildred E. Warner, 2015. "“Factors Explaining Inter-municipal Cooperation in Service Delivery: A Meta-Regression Analysis”," IREA Working Papers 201521, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Sep 2015.
- Reto Steiner, 2003. "The causes, spread and effects of intermunicipal cooperation and municipal mergers in Switzerland," Public Management Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(4), pages 551-571, December.
More about this item
KeywordsBehavioral Revolution; Economic Growth; Human Longevity; Natural Selection; Somatic Investment; Technological Progress.;
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
- N30 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - General, International, or Comparative
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- O30 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2017-01-08 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2017-01-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-EVO-2017-01-08 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2017-01-08 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2017-01-08 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mar:magkse:201645. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernd Hayo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vamarde.html .