The Proportional Rule for Multi-Issue Bankruptcy Problems
We investigate how to extend bankruptcy rules to the more general setting in which agentsÕ claims may refer to different issues. We consider two natural procedures and show that, among all bankruptcy rules, the proportional rule is the only one whose extensions according to the two procedures yield the same outcomes.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Plaza del Ejido s/n 29071, Málaga|
Web page: http://webdeptos.uma.es/THEconomica/malagawpseries/METC.html
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lorenzo-Freire, S. & Alonso-Meijide, J.M. & Casas-Mendez, B. & Hendrickx, R.L.P., 2005. "Balanced Contributions for Multi-Issue Allocation Situations," Discussion Paper 2005-93, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Ju, Biung-Ghi & Miyagawa, Eiichi & Sakai, Toyotaka, 2007. "Non-manipulable division rules in claim problems and generalizations," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 132(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Kaminski, Marek M., 2006. "Parametric rationing methods," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 115-133, January.
- Moulin, Herve, 2002.
"Axiomatic cost and surplus sharing,"
Handbook of Social Choice and Welfare,
in: K. J. Arrow & A. K. Sen & K. Suzumura (ed.), Handbook of Social Choice and Welfare, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 6, pages 289-357
- Thomson, William, 2003. "Axiomatic and game-theoretic analysis of bankruptcy and taxation problems: a survey," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 249-297, July.
- Calleja, Pedro & Borm, Peter & Hendrickx, Ruud, 2005. "Multi-issue allocation situations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 164(3), pages 730-747, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mal:wpaper:2009-6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Samuel Danthine)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.