The Impacts of Trade Liberalization on Poverty in Nigeria: Dynamic Simulations in a CGE Model
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Oyejide, T. Ademola., 1986. "The effects of trade and exchange rate policies on agriculture in Nigeria.:," Research reports 55, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Dissou, Yazid, 2002. "Dynamic Effects in Senegal of the Regional Trade Agreement among UEMOA Countries," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 177-199, February.
- Lofgren, Hans & El-Said, Moataz & Robinson, Sherman, 1999. "Trade liberalization and complementary domestic policies: a rural-urban general equilibrium analysis of Morocco," TMD discussion papers 41, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Izquierdo, Alejandro & Fofack, Hippolyte, 2003. "The integrated macroeconomic model for poverty analysis : a quantitative macroeconomic framework for the analysis of poverty reduction strategies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3092, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Obi-Egbedi, Ogheneruemu & Okoruwa, Victor O. & Yusuf, Sulaiman A. & Adenegan, Kemisola O. & Alarudeen, Aminu, 2013. "Rice Trade Protectionism Versus Liberalization in Nigeria: A CGE Analysis of Economic and Welfare Effects," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 161528, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Fiamohe, Rose & Diallo, Souleymane & Diagne, Aliou & Agossadou, Arsene, 2015. "Impact of the ECOWAS Common External Tariff on the Rice Sector in West Africa," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211632, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kebede, Sindu & Fekadu, Belay & Aredo, Dejene, 2011.
"Trade Liberalization and Poverty: A Macro-Micro Analysis in Ethiopia,"
Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2011
44, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Dejene Aredo & Belay Fekadu & Sindu W. Kebede, 2012. "Trade Liberalization and Poverty: a Macro-Mciro Analysis in Ethiopia," Working Papers MPIA 2012-04, PEP-MPIA.
- Nkang, Nkang & Omonona, Bolarin & Yusuf, Suleiman & Oni, Omobowale, 2012. "Simulating the Impact of Exogenous Food Price Shock on Agriculture and the Poor in Nigeria: Results from a Computable General Equilibrium Model," Sustainable Agriculture Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 1(2).
More about this item
KeywordsCGE Model; Trade liberalisation; Nigeria; Poverty; Dynamic; ECOWAS; Import tariffs;
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2007-05-26 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2007-05-26 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2007-05-26 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2007-05-26 (Development)
- NEP-INT-2007-05-26 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lvl:mpiacr:2007-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Manuel Paradis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cdvlvca.html .