The Economic Consequences of one-third Codetermination in German Supervisory Boards: First Evidence for the Service Sector from a New Source of Enterprise Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard B. Freeman & James L. Medoff, 1979. "The Two Faces of Unionism," NBER Working Papers 0364, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joachim Wagner, 2011.
"One-third Codetermination at Company Supervisory Boards and Firm Performance in German Manufacturing Industries: First Direct Evidence from a New Type of Enterprise Data,"
Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften,
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 131(1), pages 91-106.
- Joachim Wagner, 2009. "One-third codetermination at company supervisory boards and firm performance in German manufacturing Industries: First direct evidence from a new type of enterprise data," Working Paper Series in Economics 136, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Wagner, Joachim, 2009. "One-third Codetermination at Company Supervisory Boards and Firm Performance in German Manufacturing Industries: First Direct Evidence from a New Type of Enterprise Data," IZA Discussion Papers 4352, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- John T. Addison & Claus Schnabel, 2011.
"Worker Directors: A German Product that Did Not Export?,"
Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 354-374, April.
- Addison, John T. & Schnabel, Claus, 2009. "Worker directors: a German product that didn't export?," Discussion Papers 61, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
- Addison, John T. & Schnabel, Claus, 2009. "Worker directors: a German product that didn't export?," FAU Discussion Papers in Economics 01/2009, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute for Economics.
- Addison, John T. & Schnabel, Claus, 2009. "Worker Directors: A German Product that Didn't Export?," IZA Discussion Papers 3918, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- John T. Addison & Claus Schnabel, 2009. "Worker Directors: A German Product that Didn't Export?," Professional Reports 03_09, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- John T. Addison & Claus Schnabel, 2009. "Worker Directors: A German Product that Didn’t Export?," Economics Working Papers 09-08, Queen's Management School, Queen's University Belfast.
- John T. Addison & Claus Schnabel, 2009. "Worker Directors: A German Product that Didn’t Export?," GEMF Working Papers 2009-02, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Simon Renaud, 2007. "Dynamic Efficiency of Supervisory Board Codetermination in Germany," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 21(4-5), pages 689-712, December.
- Felix FitzRoy & Kornelius Kraft, 2005. "Co-determination, Efficiency and Productivity," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 43(2), pages 233-247, June.
- Joachim Wagner, 2007.
"Exports and Productivity in Germany,"
Applied Economics Quarterly (formerly: Konjunkturpolitik),
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 53(4), pages 353-373.
- Joachim Wagner, 2007. "Exports and Productivity in Germany," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-026, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Joachim Wagner, 2007. "Exports and Productivity in Germany," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2007-15, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Joachim Wagner, 2007. "Exports and Productivity in Germany," Working Paper Series in Economics 41, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Furubotn, Eirik G, 1985. "Codetermination, Productivity Gains, and the Economics of the Firm," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(1), pages 22-39, March.
- Delgado, Miguel A. & Farinas, Jose C. & Ruano, Sonia, 2002. "Firm productivity and export markets: a non-parametric approach," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 397-422, August.
- Mark Doms & Eric J. Bartelsman, 2000.
"Understanding Productivity: Lessons from Longitudinal Microdata,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 38(3), pages 569-594, September.
- Eric J. Bartelsman & Mark Doms, 2000. "Understanding productivity: lessons from longitudinal microdata," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-19, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hart, Oliver, 1995. "Firms, Contracts, and Financial Structure," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288817.
- FitzRoy, Felix R & Kraft, Kornelius, 1993. " Economic Effects of Codetermination," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(3), pages 365-375.
- Gurdon, Michael A. & Rai, Anoop, 1990. "Codetermination and enterprise performance: Empirical evidence from West Germany," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 289-302, November.
- Gary Gorton & Frank A. Schmid, 2004. "Capital, Labor, and The Firm: A Study of German Codetermination," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 2(5), pages 863-905, September.
- Benelli, Giuseppe & Loderer, Claudio & Lys, Thomas, 1987. "Labor Participation in Corporate Policy-Making Decisions: West Germany's Experience with Codetermination," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(4), pages 553-575, October.
- Donges, Juergen B. & Eekhoff, Johann & Franz, Wolfgang & Fuest, Clemens & Möschel, Wernhard & Neumann, Manfred J. M., 2007. "Unternehmensmitbestimmung ohne Zwang," Kronberger Kreis-Studien 47, Stiftung Marktwirtschaft / The Market Economy Foundation, Berlin.
- Kraft, Kornelius, 2006. "Die Effizienzwirkungen der gesetzlichen Mitbestimmung," Wirtschaftsdienst – Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftspolitik (1949 - 2007), ZBW – German National Library of Economics / Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, vol. 86(11), pages 708-711.
More about this item
Keywordsco-determination; board-level employee representation; Germany;
- J50 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lue:wpaper:177. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Wagner). General contact details of provider: https://leuphana.de/institute/ivwl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.