Hierarchy of Ideals in Market Interactions: An Application to the Labor Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William Darity, 2005. "Stratification economics: The role of intergroup inequality," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 29(2), pages 144-153, June.
- Fehr, Ernst, et al, 1998. "When Social Norms Overpower Competition: Gift Exchange in Experimental Labor Markets," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(2), pages 324-351, April.
- Shapiro, Carl & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Equilibrium Unemployment as a Worker Discipline Device," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 433-444, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Goel, Deepti & Deshpande, Ashwini, 2016.
"Identity, Perceptions and Institutions: Caste Differences in Earnings from Self-Employment in India,"
IZA Discussion Papers
10198, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Deepti Goel & Ashwini Deshpande, 2016. "Identity, Perceptions and Institutions: Caste Differences in Earnings from Self-Employment in India," Working papers 259, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Ashwini Deshpande & Deepti Goel, 2016. "Identity, Perceptions and Institutions: Caste Differences in Earnings from Self-Employment in India," Working Papers id:11389, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
KeywordsMarket Exchange; Norms; Optimality; Labour Market;
- B00 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - General - - - History of Economic Thought, Methodology, and Heterodox Approaches
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
- P00 - Economic Systems - - General - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-HME-2013-11-22 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-MAC-2013-11-22 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2013-11-22 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2013-11-22 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lev:wrkpap:wp_779. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Dunn). General contact details of provider: http://www.levyinstitute.org .