Identity, Perceptions and Institutions: Caste Differences in Earnings from Self-Employment in India
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ashwini Deshpande & Deepti Goel, 2016. "Identity, Perceptions and Institutions: Caste Differences in Earnings from Self-Employment in India," Working Papers id:11389, eSocialSciences.
- Deepti Goel & Ashwini Deshpande, 2016. "Identity, Perceptions and Institutions: Caste Differences in Earnings from Self-Employment in India," Working papers 259, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Aurelie Charles, 2013. "Hierarchy of Ideals in Market Interactions: An Application to the Labor Market," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_779, Levy Economics Institute.
- Klonner, Stefan & Oldiges , Christian, 2014. "Safety Net for India's Poor or Waste of Public Funds? Poverty and Welfare in the Wake of the World's Largest Job Guarantee Program," Working Papers 0564, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, January.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, January.
- Ashwini Deshpande & Smriti Sharma, 2016.
"Disadvantage and discrimination in self-employment: caste gaps in earnings in Indian small businesses,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 325-346, February.
- Ashwini Deshpande & Smriti Sharma, 2016. "Disadvantage and discrimination in self-employment: caste gaps in earnings in Indian small businesses," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 325-346, February.
- Ashwini Deshpande & Smriti Sharma, 2014. "Disadvantage And Discrimination In Self-Employment - Caste Gaps In Earnings In Indian Small Businesses," Working papers 236, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Sharma Smriti & Deshpande Ashwini, 2015. "Disadvantage and discrimination in self-employment: Caste gaps in earnings in Indian small businesses," WIDER Working Paper Series 067, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ashwini Deshpande & Smriti Sharma, 2015. "Disadvantage and Discrimination in Self-Employment: Caste Gaps in Earnings in Indian Small Businesses," Working Papers id:7534, eSocialSciences.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Jörn-Steffen Pischke, 2009. "Mostly Harmless Econometrics: An Empiricist's Companion," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8769, October.
- Rusi Jaspal, 2011. "Caste, Social Stigma and Identity Processes," Psychology and Developing Societies, , vol. 23(1), pages 27-62, March.
- Clément Imbert & John Papp, 2015.
"Labor Market Effects of Social Programs: Evidence from India's Employment Guarantee,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 233-263, April.
- Clément Imbert & John Papp, 2013. "Labor Market Effects of Social Programs: Evidence from India's Employment Guarantee," CSAE Working Paper Series 2013-03, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:103:y:2018:i:c:p:239-254 is not listed on IDEAS
- Deshpande, Ashwani, 2011. "The Grammar of Caste: Economic Discrimination in Contemporary India," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198072034.
- Ashwini Deshpande & Smriti Sharma, 2013. "Entrepreneurship or Survival? Caste and Gender of Small Business in India," Working papers 228, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Karla Hoff & Priyanka Pandey, 2006. "Discrimination, Social Identity, and Durable Inequalities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 206-211, May.
- Subha Mani & Saurabh Singhal & Smriti Sharma & Utteeyo Dasgupta, 2016. "Caste differences in behaviour and personality Evidence from India," WIDER Working Paper Series 060, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- George A. Akerlof & Rachel E. Kranton, 2011. "Identity Economics: How Our Identities Shape Our Work, Wages, and Well-Being," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 9108, October.
- Catherine Bros, 2014. "The Burden of Caste on Social Identity in India," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(10), pages 1411-1429, November.
- World Bank, 2011. "Perspectives on Poverty in India : Stylized Facts from Survey Data," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2299, November.
- Azam, Mehtabul, 2012. "The Impact of Indian Job Guarantee Scheme on Labor Market Outcomes: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 6548, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dutta, Puja & Murgai, Rinku & Ravallion., Martin & van de Walle, Dominique, 2012. "Does India's employment guarantee scheme guarantee employment ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6003, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gupta, I. & Veettil, P.C. & Speelman, S., 2018. "Caste, Technology and Social Networks," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277048, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
Keywordscaste discrimination; remunerative earnings; political economy;
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-09-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2016-09-25 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2016-09-25 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp10198. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.