The Dynamics of Bertrand Price Competition with Cost-Reducing Investments
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Doraszelski, Ulrich & Escobar, Juan, 2010.
"A theory of regular Markov perfect equilibria in dynamic stochastic games: genericity, stability, and purification,"
Econometric Society, vol. 5(3), September.
- Juan Escobar & Ulrich Doraszelski, 2008. "A Theory of Regular Markov Perfect Equilibria\\in Dynamic Stochastic Games: Genericity, Stability, and Purification," 2008 Meeting Papers 453, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Doraszelski, Ulrich & Escobar, Juan, 2008. "A Theory of Regular Markov Perfect Equilibria in Dynamic Stochastic Games: Genericity, Stability, and Purification," CEPR Discussion Papers 6805, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ulrich Doraszelski & Mark Satterthwaite, 2010. "Computable Markov-perfect industry dynamics," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 41(2), pages 215-243.
- Dan Kovenock & Raymond J. Deneckere, 1996. "Bertrand-Edgeworth duopoly with unit cost asymmetry (*)," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 8(1), pages 1-25.
- Audra J. Bowlus & Shannon Seitz, 2006.
"Domestic Violence, Employment, And Divorce,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1113-1149, November.
- Audra J. Bowlus & Shannon N. Seitz, 2002. "Domestic Violence, Employment and Divorce," Working Papers 1007, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Audra Bowlus & Shannon Seitz, 2005. "Domestic Violence, Employment, and Divorce," Working Papers 1075, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Ronald L. Goettler & Brett R. Gordon, 2011. "Does AMD Spur Intel to Innovate More?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 119(6), pages 1141-1200.
- Giovannetti, Emanuele, 2001.
"Perpetual Leapfrogging in Bertrand Duopoly,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 42(3), pages 671-696, August.
- Emanuele Giovannetti, 1999. "Perpetual leapfrogging in Bertrand duopoly," Working Papers 37, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
- Giovannetti, E., 2000. "Perpetual Leapfrogging in Bertrand Duopoly," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0012, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- F. M. Scherer, 1967. "Research and Development Resource Allocation Under Rivalry," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 81(3), pages 359-394.
- Routledge, Robert R., 2010. "Bertrand competition with cost uncertainty," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 107(3), pages 356-359, June.
- Peter L. Swan, 1970. "Market Structure and Technological Progress: The Influence of Monopoly on Product Innovation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(4), pages 627-638.
- Riordan, Michael H & Salant, David J, 1994. "Preemptive Adoptions of an Emerging Technology," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 247-261, September.
- Fudenberg, Drew & Gilbert, Richard & Stiglitz, Joseph & Tirole, Jean, 1983. "Preemption, leapfrogging and competition in patent races," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-31, June.
- Rosenkranz, Stephanie, 1997. "Quality improvements and the incentive to leapfrog," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 243-261, April.
- Rust, John, 1986. "When Is It Optimal to Kill Off the Market for Used Durable Goods?," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(1), pages 65-86, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jacob Seifert, 2015. "Welfare effects of compulsory licensing," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 317-350, December.
- Fedor Iskhakov & John Rust & Bertel Schjerning, 2016.
"Recursive Lexicographical Search: Finding All Markov Perfect Equilibria of Finite State Directional Dynamic Games,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 83(2), pages 658-703.
- Fedor Iskhakov & John Rust & Bertel Schjerning, 2014. "Recursive Lexicographical Search: Finding all Markov Perfect Equilibria of Finite State Directional Dynamic Games," Discussion Papers 14-16, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Ronald Goettler & Brett Gordon, 2014. "Competition and product innovation in dynamic oligopoly," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 1-42, March.
More about this item
Keywordsduopoly; Bertrand-Nash price competition; Bertrand paradox; Bertrand investment paradox; leapfrogging; cost-reducing investments; technological improvement; dynamic models of competition; Markov-perfect equilibrium; tacit collusion; price wars; coordination and anti-coordination games; strategic preemption;
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2013-06-24 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2013-06-24 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MIC-2013-06-24 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kud:kuiedp:1305. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Hoffmann). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/okokudk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.