A Dynamic Model of Leap-Frogging Investments and Bertrand Price Competition
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Baumol, William J, 1982. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Doraszelski, Ulrich & Escobar, Juan, 2010.
"A theory of regular Markov perfect equilibria in dynamic stochastic games: genericity, stability, and purification,"
Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 5(3), September.
- Juan Escobar & Ulrich Doraszelski, 2008. "A Theory of Regular Markov Perfect Equilibria\\in Dynamic Stochastic Games: Genericity, Stability, and Purification," 2008 Meeting Papers 453, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Doraszelski, Ulrich & Escobar, Juan, 2008. "A Theory of Regular Markov Perfect Equilibria in Dynamic Stochastic Games: Genericity, Stability, and Purification," CEPR Discussion Papers 6805, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Riordan, Michael H & Salant, David J, 1994. "Preemptive Adoptions of an Emerging Technology," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 247-261, September.
- Rust, John, 1986. "When Is It Optimal to Kill Off the Market for Used Durable Goods?," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(1), pages 65-86, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Fedor Iskhakov & John Rust & Bertel Schjerning, 2018.
"The Dynamics Of Bertrand Price Competition With Cost‐Reducing Investments,"
International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 59(4), pages 1681-1731, November.
- Fedor Iskhakov & John Rust & Bertel Schjerning, 2013. "The Dynamics of Bertrand Price Competition with Cost-Reducing Investments," Discussion Papers 13-05, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Doraszelski, Ulrich & Escobar, Juan F., 2019.
"Protocol invariance and the timing of decisions in dynamic games,"
Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 14(2), May.
- Doraszelski, Ulrich & Escobar, Juan, 2016. "Protocol Invariance and the Timing of Decisions in Dynamic Games," CEPR Discussion Papers 11447, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jean-Marc Siroën, 1993.
"Marchés contestables, différenciation des produits et discrimination des prix,"
Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 44(3), pages 569-592.
- Jean-Marc Siroën, 1993. "Marchés contestables, différenciation des produits et discrimination des prix," Post-Print hal-01393913, HAL.
- Victor Aguirregabiria, 2006.
"Another Look at the Identification of Dynamic Discrete Decision Processes: With an Application to Retirement Behavior,"
2006 Meeting Papers
169, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Victor Aguirregabiria, 2007. "Another Look at the Identification of Dynamic Discrete Decision Processes: With an Application to Retirement Behavior," Working Papers tecipa-282, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Peter Kuhn, 1982. "Malfeasance in Long Term Employment Contracts: A New General Model with an Application to Unionism," NBER Working Papers 1045, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shamsul Arifeen Khan Mamun, 2012. "Stochastic estimation of cost frontier: evidence from Bangladesh," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(2), pages 211-227, May.
- Makoto Yano, 2005. "Coexistence of large firms and less efficient small firms under price competition with free entry," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 1(3), pages 167-188, September.
- Boone, J., 2004. "Balance of Power," Other publications TiSEM d3f8cd4b-eaf0-4c1c-aed4-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Benard, Jean, 1987. "Socialist incentive schemes and price planning," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 8735, CEPREMAP.
- Galiani, Sebastian & Jaitman, Laura & Weinschelbaum, Federico, 2020.
"Crime and durable goods,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 173(C), pages 146-163.
- Sebastian Galiani & Laura Jaitman & Federico Weinschelbaum, 2016. "Crime and Durable Goods," NBER Working Papers 22788, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebastian Galiani & Laura Jaitman & Federico Weinschelbaum, 2018. "Crime and Durable Goods," Documentos de Trabajo LACEA 016419, The Latin American and Caribbean Economic Association - LACEA.
- Aslan, Hadiye & Kumar, Praveen, 2016. "The product market effects of hedge fund activism," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 119(1), pages 226-248.
- Barrett, Sean D., 2004. "Bus Competition in Ireland - The Case for Market Forces," Quarterly Economic Commentary: Special Articles, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), vol. 2004(3-Autumn), pages 1-20.
- Milton Madison & James MacDonald & Michael Ollinger, 2000. "Technological Change and Economies of Scale in U.S. Poultry Slaughter," Working Papers 00-05, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Dasgupta Utteeyo, 2011. "Are Entry Threats Always Credible?," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-41, December.
- Tong, Hui & Wei, Shang-Jin, 2014.
"Does trade globalization induce or inhibit corporate transparency? Unbundling the growth potential and product market competition channels,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 358-370.
- Hui Tong & Shang-Jin Wei, 2011. "Does Trade Globalization Induce or Inhibit Corporate Transparency? Unbundling the Growth Potential and Product Market Competition Channels," NBER Working Papers 17631, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tong, Hui & Wei, Shang-Jin, 2012. "Does Trade Globalization Induce or Inhibit Corporate Transparency? Unbundling the Growth Potential and Product Market Competition Channels," CEPR Discussion Papers 8836, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Boyan Jovanovic, 1993. "The Diversification of Production," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 24(1 Microec), pages 197-247.
- Bottasso, Anna & Conti, Maurizio & Vannoni, Davide, 2019.
"Scale and (quasi) scope economies in airport technology. An application to UK airports,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 150-164.
- Anna Bottasso & Maurizio Conti & Davide Vannoni, 2018. "Scale and (Quasi) Scope Economies in Airport Technology: an Application to UK Airports," Working papers 056, Department of Economics and Statistics (Dipartimento di Scienze Economico-Sociali e Matematico-Statistiche), University of Torino.
- Maria Lorek, 2013. "Des pôles de croissance vers des systèmes d’innovation territorialisés dans une « nouvelle » économie de marche : le cas de Gdansk, Pologne [The poles of growth and conversion of industrial territo," Working Papers 274, Laboratoire de Recherche sur l'Industrie et l'Innovation. ULCO / Research Unit on Industry and Innovation.
- Subhash C. Ray & Shilpa Sethia, 2019. "Nonparametric Measurement of Potential Gains from Mergers: An Additive Decomposition and Application to Indian Bank Mergers," Working papers 2019-17, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Shi, Guanming & Stiegert, Kyle & Chavas, Jean Paul, 2010. "An Analysis of Pricing in Horizontal and Vertical Markets: The Case of the Cottonseed Market," Working Papers 201439, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Food System Research Group.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:sed012:370. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sedddea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.