The power of beliefs: Evidence on the influence of trust on self-assessed health
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yann Algan & Pierre Cahuc, 2010. "Inherited Trust and Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(5), pages 2060-2092, December.
- Erzo F. P. Luttmer & Monica Singhal, 2011.
"Culture, Context, and the Taste for Redistribution,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 3(1), pages 157-179, February.
- Luttmer, Erzo F. P. & Singhal, Monica, 2008. "Culture, Context, and the Taste for Redistribution," Working Paper Series rwp08-038, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Erzo F.P. Luttmer & Monica Singhal, 2008. "Culture, Context, and the Taste for Redistribution," NBER Working Papers 14268, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Johnson, Noel D. & Mislin, Alexandra, 2012. "How much should we trust the World Values Survey trust question?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 210-212.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ljunge, Martin, 2014. "Trust issues: Evidence on the intergenerational trust transmission among children of immigrants," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 175-196.
More about this item
Keywordstrust; self-assessed health; subjective health; intergenerational transmission; cultural transmission;
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2012-10-06 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-HEA-2012-10-06 (Health Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2012-10-06 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kud:kuiedp:1212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Hoffmann). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/okokudk.html .