Backbone services as growth enabling factor - an Input-Output analysis for South Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sakho, Seynabou & Walkenhorst, Peter, 2008. "Export competitiveness in Bolivia," MPRA Paper 24129, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jens Matthias Arnold & Beata Javorcik & Molly Lipscomb & Aaditya Mattoo, 2016.
"Services Reform and Manufacturing Performance: Evidence from India,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 126(590), pages 1-39, February.
- Arnold, Jens & Javorcik, Beata & Lipscomb, Molly & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2010. "Services Reform and Manufacturing Performance: Evidence from India," CEPR Discussion Papers 8011, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Arnold, Jens Matthias & Javorcik, Beata & Lipscomb, Molly & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2012. "Services reform and manufacturing performance : evidence from India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5948, The World Bank.
- Andriamananjara, Soamiely & Brenton, Paul & von Uexkull, Jan Erik & Walkenhorst, Peter, 2009. "Assessing the economic impacts of an economic partnership agreement on Nigeria," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4920, The World Bank.
- R. N. Bharadwaj & Rajesh Chadha, 1991. "Sources of Growth and Inter-Industry Linkages in Indian Economy with Special Reference to the Manufacturing Sector," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 189-219, July.
- Sébastien Miroudot & Rainer Lanz & Alexandros Ragoussis, 2009. "Trade in Intermediate Goods and Services," OECD Trade Policy Papers 93, OECD Publishing.
- Olteanu, Dan, 2010. "Technology-Intensive Industries - Input-Output Analysis," Working Papers of National Institute of Economic Research 100206, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Kowalewski, Julia, 2012. "Inter-industrial relations and sectoral employment development in German regions," HWWI Research Papers 127, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Carl F. Christ, 1955. "A Review of Input-Output Analysis," NBER Chapters, in: Input-Output Analysis: An Appraisal, pages 137-182, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leroy P. Jones, 1976. "The Measurement of Hirschmanian Linkages," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 90(2), pages 323-333.
- Heimler, Alberto, 1991. "Linkages and Vertical Integration in the Chinese Economy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(2), pages 261-267, May.
- Pan A. Yotopoulos & Jeffrey B. Nugent, 1973. "A Balanced-Growth Version of the Linkage Hypothesis: A Test," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(2), pages 157-171.
- Fernandes, Ana M. & Paunov, Caroline, 2012. "Foreign direct investment in services and manufacturing productivity: Evidence for Chile," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 305-321.
- B. Andreosso‐O'Callaghan & G. Yue, 2004. "Intersectoral Linkages and Key Sectors in China, 1987–1997," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 18(2), pages 165-183, June.
- Fiona Tregenna, 2008. "Sectoral Engines of Growth in South Africa: An Analysis of Services and Manufacturing," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2008-98, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
KeywordsBackbone Services; Growth; Input-Output Analysis; South Africa;
- L8 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services
- L9 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O4 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2014-06-02 (Africa)
- NEP-GRO-2014-06-02 (Economic Growth)
- NEP-HME-2014-06-02 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2014-016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche). General contact details of provider: http://www.wiwiss.uni-jena.de/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.