Backbone services as growth enabling factor - an Input-Output analysis for South Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sakho, Seynabou & Walkenhorst, Peter, 2008. "Export competitiveness in Bolivia," MPRA Paper 24129, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jens Matthias Arnold & Beata Javorcik & Molly Lipscomb & Aaditya Mattoo, 2016.
"Services Reform and Manufacturing Performance: Evidence from India,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 126(590), pages 1-39, February.
- Arnold, Jens & Javorcik, Beata & Lipscomb, Molly & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2010. "Services Reform and Manufacturing Performance: Evidence from India," CEPR Discussion Papers 8011, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Arnold, Jens Matthias & Javorcik, Beata & Lipscomb, Molly & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2012. "Services reform and manufacturing performance : evidence from India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5948, The World Bank.
- Andriamananjara, Soamiely & Brenton, Paul & von Uexkull, Jan Erik & Walkenhorst, Peter, 2009. "Assessing the economic impacts of an economic partnership agreement on Nigeria," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4920, The World Bank.
- R. N. Bharadwaj & Rajesh Chadha, 1991. "Sources of Growth and Inter-Industry Linkages in Indian Economy with Special Reference to the Manufacturing Sector," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 189-219, July.
- Sébastien Miroudot & Rainer Lanz & Alexandros Ragoussis, 2009. "Trade in Intermediate Goods and Services," OECD Trade Policy Papers 93, OECD Publishing.
- Olteanu, Dan, 2010. "Technology-Intensive Industries Â€“ Input-Output Analysis," Working Papers of National Institute of Economic Research 100206, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Kowalewski, Julia, 2012. "Inter-industrial relations and sectoral employment development in German regions," HWWI Research Papers 127, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Carl F. Christ, 1955. "A Review of Input-Output Analysis," NBER Chapters,in: Input-Output Analysis: An Appraisal, pages 137-182 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leroy P. Jones, 1976. "The Measurement of Hirschmanian Linkages," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 90(2), pages 323-333.
- Heimler, Alberto, 1991. "Linkages and Vertical Integration in the Chinese Economy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(2), pages 261-267, May.
- Pan A. Yotopoulos & Jeffrey B. Nugent, 1973. "A Balanced-Growth Version of the Linkage Hypothesis: A Test," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(2), pages 157-171.
- Fernandes, Ana M. & Paunov, Caroline, 2012. "Foreign direct investment in services and manufacturing productivity: Evidence for Chile," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 305-321.
- B. Andreosso-O'Callaghan & G. Yue, 2004. "Intersectoral Linkages and Key Sectors in China, 1987-1997," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 18(2), pages 165-183, June.
- Tregenna, Fiona, 2008. "Sectoral Engines of Growth in South Africa: An Analysis of Services and Manufacturing," WIDER Working Paper Series 098, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
KeywordsBackbone Services; Growth; Input-Output Analysis; South Africa;
- L8 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services
- L9 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O4 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2014-06-02 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2014-06-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-GRO-2014-06-02 (Economic Growth)
- NEP-HME-2014-06-02 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2014-016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche). General contact details of provider: http://www.jenecon.de .