Entrepreneurial Backgrounds, Human Capital and Start-up Success
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pernilla Andersson & Eskil Wadensjö, 2007. "Do the unemployed become successful entrepreneurs?," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 28(7), pages 604-626, October.
- Mata, Jose & Portugal, Pedro & Guimaraes, Paulo, 1995.
"The survival of new plants: Start-up conditions and post-entry evolution,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 459-481, December.
- Guimaraes, Paulo & Mata, José & Portugal, Pedro, 1995. "The Survival of New Plants: Start-up Conditions and Post-entry Evolution," CEPR Discussion Papers 1203, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luís M B Cabral & José Mata, 2003.
"On the Evolution of the Firm Size Distribution: Facts and Theory,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1075-1090, September.
- Cabral, Luís M B & Mata, José, 2001. "On the Evolution of the Firm Size Distribution: Facts and Theory," CEPR Discussion Papers 3045, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Disney & Jonathan Haskel & Ylva Heden, 2003. "Entry, Exit and Establishment Survival in UK Manufacturing," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(1), pages 91-112, March.
- Colombo, Massimo G. & Delmastro, Marco & Grilli, Luca, 2004. "Entrepreneurs' human capital and the start-up size of new technology-based firms," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1183-1211, November.
- Klepper, Steven, 2001. "Employee Startups in High-Tech Industries," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(3), pages 639-674, September.
- Delmar, Frederic & Shane, Scott, 2004. "Legitimating first: organizing activities and the survival of new ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 385-410, May.
- Wagner, Joachim, 1994. "The Post-entry Performance of New Small Firms in German Manufacturing Industries," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 141-154, June.
- Michael Dahl & Toke Reichstein, 2007.
"Are You Experienced? Prior Experience and the Survival of New Organizations,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(5), pages 497-511.
- Michael S. Dahl & Toke Reichstein, 2005. "Are you experienced? Prior experience and the survival of new organizations," DRUID Working Papers 05-01, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Rui Baptista & Murat Karaoez, 2007. "Turbulence in High Growth and Declining Industries," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-043, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Constance E. Helfat & Marvin B. Lieberman, 2002. "The birth of capabilities: market entry and the importance of pre-history," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(4), pages 725-760, August.
- A. Miguel Amaral & Rui Baptista, 2007. "Serial Entrepreneurship: Differentiating Direct from Latent Re-entrants," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-044, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas Gries & Wim Naudé, 2010.
"Entrepreneurship and structural economic transformation,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 13-29, January.
- Gries, Thomas & Naude, Wim, 2008. "Entrepreneurship and Structural Economic Transformation," WIDER Working Paper Series 062, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Jolanda Hessels & U. Brixy & Wim Naudé & Thomas Gries, 2014.
"Skill Variety, Innovation and New Business Formation,"
Scales Research Reports
H201013, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Jolanda Hessels & Udo Brixy & Wim Naudé & Thomas Gries, 2014. "Skill Variety, Innovation and New Business Formation," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-011/VII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Hessels, Jolanda & Brixy, Udo & Naudé, Wim & Gries, Thomas, 2014. "Skill Variety, Innovation and New Business Formation," IZA Discussion Papers 7889, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Coad, Alex & Frankish, Julian & Roberts, Richard G. & Storey, David J., 2013.
"Growth paths and survival chances: An application of Gambler's Ruin theory,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 615-632.
- Coad, Alex & Frankish, Julian & Roberts, Richard & Storey, David, 2014. "Growth Paths and Survival Chances: An Application of Gambler's Ruin Theory," Ratio Working Papers 204, The Ratio Institute.
- Mahé, Clothilde, 2016. "Skills and entrepreneurship: Are return migrants 'Jacks-of-all-trades'?," MERIT Working Papers 071, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- José Millán & Emilio Congregado & Concepción Román, 2012. "Determinants of self-employment survival in Europe," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 231-258, February.
- Giuseppe Criaco & Tommaso Minola & Pablo Migliorini & Christian Serarols-Tarrés, 2014. "“To have and have not”: founders’ human capital and university start-up survival," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 39(4), pages 567-593, August.
- Naude, Wim, 2008. "Entrepreneurship in Economic Development," WIDER Working Paper Series 020, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- García-Morales, Víctor J. & Bolívar-Ramos, María Teresa & Martín-Rojas, Rodrigo, 2014. "Technological variables and absorptive capacity's influence on performance through corporate entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(7), pages 1468-1477.
- Sierdjan Koster, 2011. "Individual foundings and organizational foundings: their effect on employment growth in The Netherlands," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 36(4), pages 485-501, May.
- Lucio Fuentelsaz & Consuelo González-Gil & Juan P. Maicas, 2015. "What determines entepreneurial failure: taking advantage of the institutional context," Documentos de Trabajo dt2015-05, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad de Zaragoza.
More about this item
KeywordsFounders' backgrounds; Human capital; Start-up Success; Pre-entry capabilities; Spin-offs; Habitual entrepreneurs;
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-08-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2007-08-08 (Business Economics)
- NEP-ENT-2007-08-08 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-HRM-2007-08-08 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2007-045. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche). General contact details of provider: http://www.jenecon.de .