How Important is Employment Protection Legislation for Foreign Direct Investment Flows in Central and Eastern European Countries?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Markus Leibrecht & Johann Scharler, 2009. "How important is employment protection legislation for Foreign Direct Investment flows in Central and Eastern European countries?," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 17(2), pages 275-295, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Liu, Zhiqiang, 2002. "Foreign Direct Investment and Technology Spillover: Evidence from China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 579-602, September.
- Egger, Peter & Winner, Hannes, 2005. "Evidence on corruption as an incentive for foreign direct investment," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 932-952, December.
- Egger, Peter, 2004.
"On the Problem of Endogenous Unobserved Effects in the Estimation of Gravity Models,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 19, pages 182-191.
- Peter Egger, "undated". "On the Problem of Endogenous Unobserved Effects in the Estimation of Gravity Models," WIFO Working Papers 132, WIFO.
- Beata Smarzynska Javorcik & Mariana Spatareanu, 2005.
"Do Foreign Investors Care about Labor Market Regulations?,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 141(3), pages 375-403, October.
- Smarzynska, Beata & Spartareanu, Mariana, 2004. "Do foreign investors care about labor market regulations?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3275, The World Bank.
- Beata Smarzynska Javorcik & Mariana Spatareanu, 2005. "Do Foreign Investors Care about Labor Market Regulations?," Working Papers Rutgers University, Newark 2005-005, Department of Economics, Rutgers University, Newark.
- Javorcik, Beata & Spatareanu, Mariana, 2005. "Do Foreign Investors Care About Labour Market Regulations?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4839, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Maylis Coupet & Thierry Mayer, 2007.
"Institutional Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(5), pages 764-782, May.
- Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Maylis Coupet & Thierry Mayer, 2005. "Institutional Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment," Working Papers 2005-05, CEPII research center.
- Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Maylis Coupet & Thierry Mayer, 2007. "Institutional Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00268751, HAL.
- Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J., 1998. "Multinational firms and the new trade theory," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 183-203, December.
- Jan I. Haaland & Ian Wooton & Giulia Faggio, 2002.
"Multinational Firms: Easy Come, Easy Go?,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 59(1), pages 1-3, February.
- Haaland, J.I. & Wooton, I., 2000. "Multinational Firms: Easy Come, Easy Go?," Papers 19/00, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Haaland, Jan Ingvald Meidell & Wooton, Ian, 2001. "Multinational firms: Easy come, easy go?," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 11, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Haaland, Jan I. & Wooton, Ian, 2001. "Multinational Firms: Easy Come, Easy Go?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2660, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Nicolas Gobalraja & Alain Trannoy, 2007. "Tax and public input competition," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 22, pages 385-430, April.
- Brambor, Thomas & Clark, William Roberts & Golder, Matt, 2006. "Understanding Interaction Models: Improving Empirical Analyses," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(01), pages 63-82, December.
- Demekas, Dimitri G. & Horvath, Balazs & Ribakova, Elina & Wu, Yi, 2007. "Foreign direct investment in European transition economies--The role of policies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 369-386, June.
- Wolfgang Ochel, 2005. "Concepts and Measurement of Labour Market Institutions," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 3(4), pages 40-55, 01.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:worlde:v:40:y:2017:i:12:p:2771-2831 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mogab, J. & Kishan, R. & Vacaflores, D.E., 2013. "Labor Market Rigidity And Foreign Direct Investment: The Case Of Europe," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 13(1), pages 35-54.
- Mina, Wasseem & Jaeck, Louis, 2015.
"Labor Market Flexibility and FDI Flows: Evidence from Oil-Rich GCC and Middle Income Countries,"
62652, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wasseem Mina & Louis Jaeck, 2015. "Labor Market Flexibility and FDI Flows: Evidence from Oil-Rich GCC and Middle Income Countries," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1501, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Eichhorst, Werner & Colussi, Tommaso & Guzi, Martin & Kahanec, Martin & Lichter, Andreas & Nikolova, Milena & Sommer, Eric, 2017. "Report No. 74: People to Jobs, Jobs to People: Global Mobility and Labor Migration," IZA Research Reports 74, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:jes:journl:y:2017:v:8:p:147-165 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jayjit Roy, 2016. "Employment Protection Legislation and International Trade," Working Papers 16-06, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Antonio Baez, 2014.
"“A panel data analysis of FDI and informal labor markets”,"
IREA Working Papers
201404, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Feb 2014.
- Antonio Baez, 2014. "“A panel data analysis of FDI and informal labor markets”," AQR Working Papers 201402, University of Barcelona, Regional Quantitative Analysis Group, revised Feb 2014.
- Dewit, Gerda & Leahy, Dermot & Montagna, Catia, 2012. "Employment Protection, Flexibility and Firmsâ€™ Strategic Location Decisions under Uncertainty," SIRE Discussion Papers 2012-24, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Markus Leibrecht & Christian Bellak, "undated". "Does the impact of employment protection legislation on FDI differ by skill-intensity of sectors? An empirical investigation," Discussion Papers 09/21, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Masahiro Tokunaga & Ichiro Iwasaki, 2017.
"The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in Transition Economies: A Meta-analysis,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(12), pages 2771-2831, December.
- Masahiro Tokunaga & Ichiro Iwasaki, 2016. "The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in Transition Economies: A Meta-Analysis," KIER Working Papers 952, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Tokunaga, Masahiro & Iwasaki, Ichiro, 2014. "Transition and FDI: A Meta-Analysis of the FDI Determinants in Transition Economies," RRC Working Paper Series 47, Russian Research Center, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign Direct Investment; Central and Eastern Europe; Labor Market; Employment Protection;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- J50 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-10-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2007-10-20 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-REG-2007-10-20 (Regulation)
- NEP-TRA-2007-10-20 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jku:econwp:2007_16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (René Böheim). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vlinzat.html .