On the Problem of Endogenous Unobserved Effects in the Estimation of Gravity Models
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Egger, Peter, 2004. "On the Problem of Endogenous Unobserved Effects in the Estimation of Gravity Models," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 19, pages 182-191.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicolas Péridy, 2006. "La nouvelle politique de voisinage de l'Union européenne. Une estimation des potentiels de commerce," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 57(4), pages 727-746.
- Péridy Nicolas, 2005. "Trade Prospects of the New EU Neighborhood Policy: Evidence from Hausman and Taylor's Models," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-27, March.
- P. Montalbano & S. Nenci, 2014.
"Assessing the trade impact of the European Neighbourhood Policy on the EU-MED Free Trade Area,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(7), pages 730-740, March.
- Pierluigi Montalbano & Silvia Nenci, 2012. "Assessing the Trade Impact of the European Neighborhood Policy on EU-MED Free Trade Area," Working Paper Series 3112, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Pierluigi Montalbano & Silvia Nenci, 2012. "Assessing the Trade Impact of the European Neighborhood Policy on EU-MED Free Trade Area," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0147, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Markus Leibrecht & Johann Scharler, 2009.
"How important is employment protection legislation for Foreign Direct Investment flows in Central and Eastern European countries?,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 17(2), pages 275-295, April.
- Markus Leibrecht & Johann Scharler, 2007. "How Important is Employment Protection Legislation for Foreign Direct Investment Flows in Central and Eastern European Countries?," Economics working papers 2007-16, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Jouini, Nizar & Oulmane, Nassim & Peridy, Nicolas, 2014. "North African countries (NACs) production and export structure: Towards diversification and export sophistication strategy," MPRA Paper 62476, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nicolas Péridy, 2006. "The European Union and its new neighbors: an estimation of migration potentials," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(2), pages 1-11.
- Yongcheol Shin & Laura Serlenga, 2004.
"Gravity Models of the Intra-EU Trade: Application of the Hausman-Taylor Estimation in Heterogeneous Panels with Common Time-specific Factors,"
Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings
671, Econometric Society.
- Laura Serlenga & Yongcheol Shin, 2004. "Gravity Models of the Intra-EU Trade: Application of the Hausman-Taylor Estimation in Heterogeneous Panels with Common Time-specific Factors," ESE Discussion Papers 105, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- A. Cheptea & A. Gohin & Marilyne Huchet-Bourdon, 2008.
"Applying the gravity approach to sector trade: who bears the trade costs?,"
- Angela Cheptea & Alexandre Gohin & Marilyne Huchet-Bourdon, 2011. "Applying the gravity approach to sector trade: who bears the trade costs?," Post-Print hal-00729335, HAL.
- Angela Cheptea & Alexandre Gohin & Marilyne Huchet Bourdon, 2011. "Applying the gravity approach to sector trade: Who bears the trade costs?," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 11-01, INRA UMR SMART-LERECO.
- Peridy Nicolas J & Abedini Javad, 2008. "The Growing Influence of Emerging Countries in the World Car Industry: An Estimation of Export Potentials in a World Trade Model," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 8(3), pages 1-28, September.
- Nuria Gallego & Carlos Llano, 2014.
"The Border Effect and the Nonlinear Relationship between Trade and Distance,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(5), pages 1016-1048, November.
- Gallego, Nuria & Llano, Carlos, 2014. "The Border Effect and the Non-Linear Relationship between Trade and Distance," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2014/06, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2006:i:2:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Claudia M. Buch & Farid Toubal, 2003. "Economic Integration and FDI in Transition Economies: What Can We Learn from German Data?," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 72(4), pages 594-610.
- Stella Capuano & Silvia Migali, 2017.
"The migration of professionals within the EU: Any barriers left?,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(4), pages 760-773, September.
- Capuano, Stella & Migali, Silvia, 2016. "The migration of professionals within the EU : any barriers left?," IAB Discussion Paper 201634, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Javad Abedini & Nicolas Péridy, 2009. "The Emergence of Iran in the World Car Industry: An Estimation of its Export Potential," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(5), pages 790-818, May.
- Toubal, Farid & Kleinert, Jörn & Buch, Claudia M., 2003. "Determinants of German FDI: New Evidence from Micro-Data," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2003,09, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Chevassus-Lozza, Emmanuelle & Majkovic, Darja & Persillet, Vanessa & Unguru, Manuela, 2005. "Technical Barriers to Trade in the European Union : Importance for the New EU Members. An Assessment for Agricultural and Food Products," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24621, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Peridy, Nicolas, 2005. "The trade effects of the Euro-Mediterranean partnership: what are the lessons for ASEAN countries?," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 125-139, February.
- Abu Hatab, Assem, 2015. "The Impact of Regional Integration on Intra-Arab Trade in Agrifood Commodities: A Panel Data Approach," MPRA Paper 67991, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Jun 2015.
- Tom Broekel & Pierre-Alexandre Balland & Martijn Burger & Frank van Oort, 2013. "Modeling Knowledge Networks in Economic Geography: A Discussion of Four Empirical Strategies," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1325, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Dec 2013.
- Mitze, Timo & Alecke, Björn & Untiedt, Gerhard, 2008. "Trade, FDI and Cross-Variable Linkages: A German (Macro-)Regional Perspective," MPRA Paper 12245, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tom Broekel & Pierre-Alexandre Balland & Martijn Burger & Frank Oort, 2014. "Modeling knowledge networks in economic geography: a discussion of four methods," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 53(2), pages 423-452, September.
- Yongcheol Shin & Laura Serlenga, 2007. "Gravity models of intra-EU trade: application of the CCEP-HT estimation in heterogeneous panels with unobserved common time-specific factors," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 361-381.
- Gert-Jan M. Linders & Henri L.F. de Groot & Raymond J.G.M. Florax & Peter Nijkamp, 2011. "Persistent Distance Decay Effects in International Trade," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Integration, Volume II, chapter 14 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsOn the Problem of Endogenous Unobserved Effects in the Estimation of Gravity Models;
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wfo:wpaper:y:2000:i:132. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilse Schulz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wifooat.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .