The impact of Foreign Direct Investments on employment: the case of the Macedonian manufacturing sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John H. Dunning & Sarianna M. Lundan, 2008. "Multinational Enterprises and the Global Economy, Second Edition," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3215, June.
- Kostas Axarloglou & Mike Pournarakis, 2007. "Do All Foreign Direct Investment Inflows Benefit the Local Economy?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 424-445, March.
- Aristidis Bitzenis & John Marangos & Valentina Nuskova, 2007. "Motives for Foreign Direct Investment in the Manufacturing Sector in FYR Macedonia," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 505-527.
- Hubert Gabrisch & Doris Hanzl-Weiss & Mario Holzner & Michael Landesmann & Johannes Pöschl & Hermine Vidovic, 2016. "Improving Competitiveness in the Balkan Region – Opportunities and Limits," wiiw Research Reports 411, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Olney, William W., 2013.
"A race to the bottom? Employment protection and foreign direct investment,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 191-203.
- William W. Olney, 2010. "A Race to the Bottom? Employment Protection and Foreign Direct Investment," Department of Economics Working Papers 2011-02, Department of Economics, Williams College, revised Aug 2013.
- William W. Olney, 2010. "A Race to the Bottom? Employment Protection and Foreign Direct Investment," Center for Development Economics 2011-05, Department of Economics, Williams College, revised Aug 2013.
- Suzanna De Boef & Luke Keele, 2008. "Taking Time Seriously," American Journal of Political Science, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 52(1), pages 184-200, January.
- Robert E. Lipsey, 2004. "Home- and Host-Country Effects of Foreign Direct Investment," NBER Chapters, in: Challenges to Globalization: Analyzing the Economics, pages 333-379, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Slavica Penev & Matija Rojec, 2014. "The Future Of Fdi In South Eastern European Countries: Messages From New Eu Member States," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Belgrade, vol. 59(202), pages 43-68, July – Se.
- Markus Leibrecht & Johann Scharler, 2009.
"How important is employment protection legislation for Foreign Direct Investment flows in Central and Eastern European countries?1,"
The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 17(2), pages 275-295, April.
- Markus Leibrecht & Johann Scharler, 2007. "How Important is Employment Protection Legislation for Foreign Direct Investment Flows in Central and Eastern European Countries?," Economics working papers 2007-16, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Aneta Krstevska & Magdalena Petrovska, 2012.
"The economic impacts of the foreign direct investments: panel estimation by sectors on the case of Macedonian economy,"
Journal of Central Banking Theory and Practice, Central bank of Montenegro, vol. 1(2), pages 55-73.
- Aneta Krstevska & Magdalena Petrovska, 2011. "The economic impacts of the foreign direct investments: panel estimation by sectors on the case of Macedonian economy," Working Papers 2011-02, National Bank of the Republic of North Macedonia.
- S. Estrin & M. Uvalic, 2014. "FDI into transition economies," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 22(2), pages 281-312, April.
- Ozay Mehmet & Akbar Tavakoli, 2003. "Does Foreign Direct Investment Cause A Race To The Bottom?," Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 133-156.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicolae Marinescu, 2020. "The Impact Of Foreign Direct Investment On Employment In Host Countries: The Case Of Central And Eastern Europe," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 5, pages 181-186, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hao Wang & Yuemei Ji & Qi Luo, 2020. "The Employment Effect of Inward FDI in China: What Do We Learn from the History?," CESifo Working Paper Series 8392, CESifo.
- Xin Zhao & Gregmar I. Galinato & Tim A. Graciano, 2019.
"The Welfare Effects of Opening to Foreign Direct Investment in Polluting Sectors,"
Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 74(1), pages 243-269, September.
- Galinato, Gregmar I. & Graciano, Tim A. & Zhao, Xin, 2015. "The Welfare Effects of Opening to Foreign Direct Investment in Polluting Sectors," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205092, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Simona Iammarino, 2018. "FDI and regional development policy," Journal of International Business Policy, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 1(3), pages 157-183, December.
- Pierre-Louis Vezina, 2017. "Resource discoveries and FDI bonanzas: An illustration from Mozambique," OxCarre Working Papers 199, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Wasseem Mina & Louis Jaeck, 2015.
"Labor Market Flexibility and FDI Flows: Evidence from Oil-Rich GCC and Middle Income Countries,"
International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU
paper1501, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Mina, Wasseem & Jaeck, Louis, 2015. "Labor Market Flexibility and FDI Flows: Evidence from Oil-Rich GCC and Middle Income Countries," MPRA Paper 62652, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Masahiro Tokunaga & Ichiro Iwasaki, 2017.
"The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in Transition Economies: A Meta-analysis,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(12), pages 2771-2831, December.
- Masahiro Tokunaga & Ichiro Iwasaki, 2016. "The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in Transition Economies: A Meta-Analysis," KIER Working Papers 952, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Jayjit Roy, 2016. "Employment Protection Legislation and International Trade," Working Papers 16-06, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Mogab, J. & Kishan, R. & Vacaflores, D.E., 2013. "Labor Market Rigidity And Foreign Direct Investment: The Case Of Europe," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 13(1), pages 35-54.
- Bekhet, Hussain Ali & Al-Smadi, Raed Walid, 2015. "Determinants of Jordanian foreign direct investment inflows: Bounds testing approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 27-35.
- Nguyen, Dao Thi Hong, 2019. "Inward foreign direct investment and local wages: The case of Vietnam’s wholesale and retail industry," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(C).
- David C Mare & Lynda Sanderson & Richard Fabling, 2014.
"Earnings and Employment in Foreign-owned Firms,"
Treasury Working Paper Series
14/16, New Zealand Treasury.
- Maré, David C. & Sanderson, Lynda & Fabling, Richard, 2014. "Earnings and Employment in Foreign-Owned Firms," IZA Discussion Papers 8541, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- David C. Maré & Lynda Sanderson & Richard Fabling, 2014. "Earnings and Employment in Foreign-owned Firms," Working Papers 14_10, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Antonio Baez, 2014.
"“A panel data analysis of FDI and informal labor markets”,"
AQR Working Papers
201402, University of Barcelona, Regional Quantitative Analysis Group, revised Feb 2014.
- Antonio Baez, 2014. "“A panel data analysis of FDI and informal labor markets”," IREA Working Papers 201404, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Feb 2014.
- Apostolov Mico & Scagnelli Simone Domenico, 2019. "Foreign-Versus Domestic-Owned firms in the Predicament ‘Cui bono?’," Business Systems Research, Sciendo, vol. 10(2), pages 18-36, September.
- Marzieh Abolhassani & Seçil Hülya Danakol, 2019. "Wage and competition channels of foreign direct investment and new firm entry," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 53(4), pages 935-960, December.
- Roy, Jayjit, 2021. "The effect of employment protection legislation on international trade," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 221-234.
- Rodolphe Desbordes & Loe Franssen, 2019. "Foreign Direct Investment and Productivity: A Cross-Country, Multisector Analysis," Asian Development Review, MIT Press, vol. 36(1), pages 54-79, March.
- Florentina Xhelili Krasniqi & Rahmije Mustafa Topxhiu, 0. "Export and Economic Growth in the West Balkan Countries," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 20(65), pages 88-104, September.
- Hussain Ali Bekhet & Raed Walid Al-Smadi, 2016. "The dynamic causality between FDI inflow and its determinants in Jordan," International Journal of Economics and Business Research, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 11(1), pages 26-47.
- Pierre-Louis Vézina, 2014. "Race-to-the-bottom Tariff Cutting," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 444-458, August.
- Iwasaki, Ichiro & 岩﨑, 一郎 & Tokunaga, Masahiro, 2019. "The Determinants and Macroeconomic Impacts of Foreign Direct Investment in Transition Economies," CEI Working Paper Series 2019-8, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
More about this item
KeywordsFDI; employment; manufacturing;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jes:journl:y:2017:v:8:p:147-165. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csjesro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Alupului Ciprian (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/csjesro.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.