Costs and Benefits of Labour Mobility between the EU and the Eastern Partnership Countries: Country Study on Germany
Despite the ongoing dialogue on facilitating mobility between the European Union and the Eastern Partnership (EaP) countries, very little is known about the magnitude and characteristics of migrants from these countries. This study aims to fill this gap by studying the size and assimilation patterns of EaP migrants in Germany. Most EaP migrants in Germany come from Ukraine but EaP migrants are a relatively small share of total migrants. EaP migrants experience worse labor market outcomes than other migrant groups, but current and potential migrants hold qualifications in those areas were skill shortages are expected.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: IZA, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany|
Phone: +49 228 3894 223
Fax: +49 228 3894 180
Web page: http://www.iza.org
|Order Information:|| Postal: IZA, Margard Ody, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Karl Brenke, 2010. "Fachkräftemangel kurzfristig noch nicht in Sicht," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 77(46), pages 2-15.
- Matloob Piracha & Florin Vadean, 2013.
"Migrant educational mismatch and the labor market,"
in: International Handbook on the Economics of Migration, chapter 9, pages 176-192
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Piracha, Matloob & Vadean, Florin, 2012. "Migrant Educational Mismatch and the Labour Market," IZA Discussion Papers 6414, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ozden, Caglar & Parsons, Christopher R. & Schiff, Maurice & Walmsley, Terrie L., 2011.
"Where on earth is everybody ? the evolution of global bilateral migration 1960-2000,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5709, The World Bank.
- Caglar Ozden & Christopher R. Parsons & Maurice Schiff & Terrie L. Walmsley, 2011. "Where on Earth is Everybody? The Evolution of Global Bilateral Migration 1960-2000," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 25(1), pages 12-56, May.
- Brenke, Karl & Yuksel, Mutlu & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2009.
"EU Enlargement under Continued Mobility Restrictions: Consequences for the German Labor Market,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4055, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Brenke, Karl & Yuksel, Mutlu & Zimmermann, Klaus F, 2009. "EU Enlargement under Continued Mobility Restrictions: Consequences for the German Labor Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 7274, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David Card, 1997.
"Immigrant Inflows, Native Outflows, and the Local Labor Market Impacts of Higher Immigration,"
NBER Working Papers
5927, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Card, David, 2001. "Immigrant Inflows, Native Outflows, and the Local Labor Market Impacts of Higher Immigration," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(1), pages 22-64, January.
- Ottaviano, Gianmarco I. P. & Peri, Giovanni, 2007.
"Rethinking the effects of immigration on wages,"
HWWI Research Papers
3-8, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Giovanni Peri & Gianmarco I.P. Ottaviano, 2006. "Rethinking the Effects of Immigration on Wages," Working Papers 634, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Gianmarco I.P. Ottaviano & Giovanni Peri, 2006. "Rethinking the Effects of Immigration on Wages," NBER Working Papers 12497, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bonin, Holger, 2002. "Eine fiskalische Gesamtbilanz der Zuwanderung nach Deutschland," IZA Discussion Papers 516, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ludwig Dorffmeister, 2010. "Neun von zehn Firmen rechnen für 2020 mit einem Fachkräftemangel," Ifo Schnelldienst, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 63(24), pages 80-82, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izapps:pp72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.