Ethnic German Immigration from Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union to Germany: the Effects of Migrant Networks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bauer, Thomas & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 1997. "Unemployment and wages of ethnic Germans," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(Supplemen), pages 361-377.
- Borjas, George J, 1987. "Self-Selection and the Earnings of Immigrants," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 531-553, September.
- George J. Borjas, 1994. "The Economics of Immigration," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1667-1717, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Puhani, Patrick A. & Tabbert, Falko, 2015. "Effects of Changes in Pensions on the Age of First Benefit Receipt: Regression Discontinuity Evidence from Repatriated Ethnic Germans," IZA Discussion Papers 8787, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:ces:ifodre:v:11:y:2004:i:02:p:s.16-26 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anghel, Remus Gabriel & Botezat, Alina & Cosciug, Anatolie & Manafi, Ioana & Roman, Monica, 2016.
"International migration, return migration, and their effects. A comprehensive review on the Romanian case,"
75528, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2016.
- Remus Gabriel Anghel, 2017. "International Migration, Return Migration, and their Effects. A Comprehensive Review on the Romanian Case," Discussion Papers 43, Central European Labour Studies Institute (CELSI).
- Anghel, Remus Gabriel & Botezat, Alina & Co?ciug, Anatolie & Manafi, Ioana & Roman, Monica, 2016. "International Migration, Return Migration, and their Effects: A Comprehensive Review on the Romanian Case," IZA Discussion Papers 10445, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0536 is not listed on IDEAS
- Herbert Hofmann & Carsten Pohl & Martin Werding, 2004. "EU-Osterweiterung und Zuwanderung nach Sachsen," ifo Dresden berichtet, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 11(02), pages 16-26, 04.
- Mariko Nakagawa, 2015. "Segregation patterns in cities: ethnic clustering without skill differences," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 55(2), pages 453-483, December.
- Monika Sander, 2008. "Changes in Immigrants' Body Mass Index with Their Duration of Residence in Germany," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 122, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Michael C. Burda & Jennifer Hunt, 2001. "From Reunification to Economic Integration: Productivity and the Labor Market in Eastern Germany," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 32(2), pages 1-92.
- Regina T. Riphahn & Christoph Wunder, 2016.
"State dependence in welfare receipt: transitions before and after a reform,"
Springer, vol. 50(4), pages 1303-1329, June.
- Regina T. Riphahn & Christoph Wunder, 2013. "State Dependence in Welfare Receipt: Transitions Before and After a Reform," CESifo Working Paper Series 4485, CESifo Group Munich.
- Regina T. Riphahn & Christoph Wunder, 2015. "State Dependence in Welfare Receipt: Transitions before and after a Reform," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 758, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Riphahn, Regina T. & Wunder, Christoph, 2015. "State Dependence in Welfare Receipt: Transitions Before and After a Reform," IZA Discussion Papers 9035, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Wunder, Christoph & Riphahn, Regina, 2013. "Welfare transitions before and after reforms of the German welfare system," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79715, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Marcus Dittrich & Wolfgang Gerstenberger & Beate Henschel & Gunther Markwardt & Carsten Pohl & Heinz Schmalholz & Marcel Thum, 2004. "Demographische Entwicklung im Freistaat Sachsen : Analyse und Strategien zum Bevölkerungsrückgang auf dem Arbeitsmarkt ; Gutachten im Auftrag der Sächsischen Staatskanzlei," ifo Dresden Studien, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 36.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2000. "Immigration Policy in Integrated National Economies," IZA Discussion Papers 170, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Schaffner, Sandra & Treude, Barbara, 2014. "The Effect of Ethnic Clustering on Migrant Integration in Germany," Ruhr Economic Papers 536, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- David Hofman, 2010. "Mitigating the Impact of Natural Disasters on Public Finance," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 11(2), pages 36-42, July.
- Puhani, Patrick A. & Tabbert, Falko, 2016. "The effects of pension changes on age of first benefit receipt: Regression discontinuity evidence from repatriated ethnic Germans," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 12-23.
More about this item
KeywordsMigration policy; ethnic Germans; migrant networks; economic and social integration;
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- J68 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Public Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.