Health Behavior and Accident Risk: Obesity Is Associated with the Future Risk of Heavy Truck Crashes among Newly Recruited Commercial Drivers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen V. Burks & Jeffrey Carpenter & Lorenz Götte & Kristen Monaco & Kay Porter & Aldo Rustichini, 2008. "Using Behavioral Economic Field Experiments at a Firm: The Context and Design of the Truckers and Turnover Project," NBER Chapters,in: The Analysis of Firms and Employees: Quantitative and Qualitative Approaches, pages 45-106 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2004.058156_0 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- de Vries, Jelle & de Koster, René & Rijsdijk, Serge & Roy, Debjit, 2017. "Determinants of safe and productive truck driving: Empirical evidence from long-haul cargo transport," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 113-131.
- Anderson, Jason R. & Ogden, Jeffrey D. & Cunningham, William A. & Schubert-Kabban, Christine, 2017. "An exploratory study of hours of service and its safety impact on motorists," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 161-174.
More about this item
Keywordsobesity; traffic accidents; body mass index; heavy truck; commercial motor vehicle; Poisson regression; Cox proportional hazard; truckload; health behavior;
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- J49 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Other
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion; Travel Time; Safety and Accidents; Transportation Noise
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6408. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .