The Role of Background Factors for Reading Literacy: Straight National Scores in the PISA 2000 Study
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Fertig, Michael & Schmidt, Christoph M, 2002. "The Role of Background Factors for Reading Literacy: Straight National scores in the Pisa 2000 Study," CEPR Discussion Papers 3544, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Jong-Wha & Barro, Robert J, 2001.
"Schooling Quality in a Cross-Section of Countries,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 68(272), pages 465-488, November.
- Jong-Wha Lee & Robert J. Barro, 1997. "Schooling Quality in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 6198, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, J.-W. & Barro, R.J., 1998. "Schooling Quality in a Cross Section of Countries," Papers 659, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Borjas, George J, 1985. "Assimilation, Changes in Cohort Quality, and the Earnings of Immigrants," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(4), pages 463-489, October.
- Card, David & Krueger, Alan B, 1992.
"Does School Quality Matter? Returns to Education and the Characteristics of Public Schools in the United States,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(1), pages 1-40, February.
- David Card & Alan B. Krueger, 1990. "Does School Quality Matter? Returns to Education and the Characteristics of Public Schools in the United States," Working Papers 645, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- David Card & Alan Krueger, 1990. "Does School Quality Matter? Returns to Education and the Characteristics of Public Schools in the United States," NBER Working Papers 3358, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas Warm, 1989. "Weighted likelihood estimation of ability in item response theory," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 427-450, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fertig, Michael & Wright, Robert E., 2005.
"School quality, educational attainment and aggregation bias,"
Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 109-114, July.
- Fertig, Michael & Wright, Robert E., 2003. "School Quality, Educational Attainment and Aggregation Bias," RWI Discussion Papers 9, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Fertig, Michael & Wright, Robert E., 2004. "School Quality, Educational Attainment and Aggregation Bias," IZA Discussion Papers 994, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jhorland Ayala Garcia & Shirly Marrugo Llorente & Bernardo Saray Ricardo, 2011. "Antecedentes Familiares y Rendimiento Académico en los Colegios Oficiales de Cartagena," REVISTA ECONOMÍA & REGIÓN, UNIVERSIDAD TECNOLÓGICA DE BOLÍVAR, December.
- Martins, Lurdes & Veiga, Paula, 2010. "Do inequalities in parents' education play an important role in PISA students' mathematics achievement test score disparities?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1016-1033, December.
- Paul Rodríguez-Lesmes & José D. Trujillo & Daniel Valderrama, 2015.
"Are Public Libraries Improving Quality of Education? When the Provision of Public Goods is not Enough,"
REVISTA DESARROLLO Y SOCIEDAD,
UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE, December.
- Paul Rodríguez Lesmes & José Trujillo & Daniel Valderrama, 2013. "Más allá de la infraestructura: el impacto de las bibliotecas públicas en la calidad de la educación," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 010499, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Rodriguez Lesmes,Paul Andres & Trujillo,Jose Daniel & Valderrama Gonzalez,Daniel, 2015. "Are public libraries improving quality of education ? when the provision of public goods is not enough," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7429, The World Bank.
- Oecd, 2011. "The Impact of the 1999 Education Reform in Poland," OECD Education Working Papers 49, OECD Publishing.
- Christa Stewens & Malte Ristau & Reiner Klingholz & Bertram Wiest & Stefan Schaible & Christian Böllhoff & Christel Humme, 2006. "Familienpolitik: Förderung von Familien - nach welchem Konzept?," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 59(09), pages 03-21, May.
- Guillermo Jopen & Walter Gómez & Herbert Olivera, 2014. " Sistema educativo peruano: balance y agenda pendiente," Documentos de Trabajo / Working Papers 2014-379, Departamento de Economía - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- repec:zbw:rwidps:0009 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giambona, Francesca & Porcu, Mariano, 2015. "Student background determinants of reading achievement in Italy. A quantile regression analysis," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 95-107.
- Zoltan Hermann & Daniel Horn, 2011. "How inequality of opportunity and mean student performance are related? - A quantile regression approach using PISA data," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1124, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Geovanny Castro Aristizabal & Marcela Diaz Rosero & Jairo Tobar Bedoya, 2016. "Causas de las diferencias en desempeño escolar entre los colegios públicos y privados: Colombia en las pruebas SABER11 2014," Working Papers 26, Faculty of Economics and Management, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana Cali.
- Natalia Zinovyeva & Florentino Felgueroso & Pablo Vazquez Vega, 2008. "Immigration and Students' Achievement in Spain," Working Papers 2008-37, FEDEA.
- Stephen Machin & Patrick A. Puhani, 2005. "Special Issue on the Economics of Education - Policies and Empirical Evidence: Editorial," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 6(3), pages 259-267, August.
- Michael Fertig & Robert E. Wright, 2003. "School Quality, Educational Attainment and Aggregation Bias," RWI Discussion Papers 0009, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
More about this item
Keywordsreading literacy; school resources; quantile regression;
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-09-11 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp545. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.