Intra-household Resource Allocation: Do Parents Reduce or Reinforce Child Cognitive Ability Gaps?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- del Bono, Emilia & Ermisch, John F & Francesconi, Marco, 2008.
"Intrafamily Resource Allocations: A Dynamic Model of Birth Weight,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6970, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Del Bono, Emilia & Ermisch, John & Francesconi, Marco, 2008. "Intrafamily Resource Allocations: A Dynamic Model of Birth Weight," IZA Discussion Papers 3704, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Del Bono, Emilia & Ermisch, John & Francesconi, Marco, 2008. "Intrafamily resource allocations: a dynamic model of birth weight," ISER Working Paper Series 2008-27, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Johnston, David W. & Shah, Manisha & Shields, Michael A., 2007. "Handedness, Time Use and Early Childhood Development," IZA Discussion Papers 2752, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- David Loughran & Ashlesha Datar & M. Kilburn, 2008.
"The response of household parental investment to child endowments,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 223-242, September.
- David S. Loughran & Ashlesha Datar & M. Rebecca Kilburn, 2008. "The Response of Household Parental Investment to Child Endowments," Working Papers 404-1, RAND Corporation.
- Johnston, David W. & Nicholls, Michael E. R. & Shah, Manisha & Shields, Michael A., 2010. "Handedness, Health and Cognitive Development: Evidence from Children in the NLSY," IZA Discussion Papers 4774, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA). Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jorge García Hombrados, 2017. "Cognitive Skills and Intra-Household Allocation of Schooling," Working Paper Series 1817, Department of Economics, University of Sussex Business School.
More about this item
Keywordshandedness; parental investment; cognitive ability; children;
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBE-2010-09-11 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EDU-2010-09-11 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2010-09-11 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-NEU-2010-09-11 (Neuroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp5153. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Holger Hinte). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.