Eliciting Individual Preferences for Pension Reform
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Yosr Abid Fourati & Cathal O'Donoghue, 2009. "Eliciting Individual Preferences for Pension Reform," CESifo Working Paper Series 2770, CESifo Group Munich.
- Yosr Abid Fourati & Cathal O'Donoghue, 2009. "Eliciting Individual Preferences for Pension Reform," Working Papers 0150, National University of Ireland Galway, Department of Economics, revised 2009.
- Yosr Abid & Edel Doherty & Darragh Flannery & Cathal O'Donoghue, 2013. "Eliciting Individual Preferences for Pension Reform," Working Papers WP062013, University of Limerick, Department of Economics, revised May 2013.
References listed on IDEAS
- Blamey, Russell K. & Gordon, Jenny & Chapman, Ross, 1999. "Choice modelling: assessing the environmental values of water supply options," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 0(Issue 3), pages 1-21, September.
- Corneo, Giacomo & Gruner, Hans Peter, 2002.
"Individual preferences for political redistribution,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 83-107, January.
- Corneo, Giacomo & Grüner, Hans Peter, 2001. "Individual Preferences for Political Redistribution," CEPR Discussion Papers 2694, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- P.J.A. van Els & W.A. van den End & M.C.J. van Rooij, 2003.
"Pensions and public opinion: a survey among Dutch households,"
MEB Series (discontinued)
2003-18, Netherlands Central Bank, Monetary and Economic Policy Department.
- P.J.A. van Els & W.A. van den End & M.C.J. van Rooij, 2003. "Pensions and public opinion: a survey among dutch households," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 752, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Tabellini, Guido, 2000. " A Positive Theory of Social Security," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(3), pages 523-545, June.
- Liam Delaney & Francis O'Toole, 2008.
"Preferences for specific social welfare expenditures in Ireland,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(12), pages 985-989.
- Liam Delaney & Francis O' Toole, 2006. "Preferences for Specific Social Welfare Expenditure in Ireland," Working Papers 200608, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Liam Delaney & Francis O'Toole, 2006. "Preferences for specific social welfare expenditure in Ireland," Open Access publications 10197/587, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Hausman, Jerry & McFadden, Daniel, 1984.
"Specification Tests for the Multinomial Logit Model,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1219-1240, September.
- D. McFadden & J. Hausman, 1981. "Specification Tests for the Multinominal Logit Model," Working papers 292, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Tito Boeri & Axel Börsch-Supan & Guido Tabellini, 2001. "Would you like to shrink the welfare state? A survey of European citizens," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 16(32), pages 7-50, April.
- Hughes, Gerard & Whelan, Brendan J., 1996. "Occupational and Personal Pension Coverage 1995," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number BMI110.
- Samuel Bowles & Herbert Gintis, 2000. "Reciprocity, Self-Interest and the Welfare State," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 26, pages 33-53.
- Mark Morrison & Jeff Bennett & Russell Blamey & Jordan Louviere, 2002. "Choice Modeling and Tests of Benefit Transfer," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(1), pages 161-170.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521747387.
- Hall, Jane & Viney, Rosalie & Haas, Marion & Louviere, Jordan, 2004. "Using stated preference discrete choice modeling to evaluate health care programs," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(9), pages 1026-1032, September.
- van der Heijden, Eline C. M. & Nelissen, Jan H. M. & Verbon, Harrie A. A., 1997.
"Altruism and fairness in a public pension system,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 505-518, April.
- van der Heijden, E.C.M. & Nelissen, J.H.M. & Verbon, H.A.A., 1995. "Altruism and fairness in a public pension system," Discussion Paper 1995-37, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- van der Heijden, E.C.M. & Nelissen, J.H.M. & Verbon, H.A.A., 1997. "Altruism and fairness in a public pension system," Other publications TiSEM c206e707-7243-4b38-b3c8-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Leslie McCall & Lane Kenworthy, 2007. "Inequality, Public Opinion, and Redistribution," LIS Working papers 459, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Nick Hanley & Robert Wright & Gary Koop, 2002. "Modelling Recreation Demand Using Choice Experiments: Climbing in Scotland," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 22(3), pages 449-466, July.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132-132.
- Kenneth E. Train, 1998. "Recreation Demand Models with Taste Differences over People," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(2), pages 230-239.
- Browning, Edgar K, 1975. "Why the Social Insurance Budget Is Too Large in a Democracy," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 13(3), pages 373-388, September.
- Meltzer, Allan H & Richard, Scott F, 1981. "A Rational Theory of the Size of Government," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 914-927, October.
- Fong, Christina, 2001. "Social preferences, self-interest, and the demand for redistribution," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 225-246, November.
- Massimiliano Mazzanti, 2003. "Discrete choice models and valuation experiments," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 30(6), pages 584-604, October.
- Schwarze, Johannes & Harpfer, Marco, 2007. "Are people inequality averse, and do they prefer redistribution by the state?: Evidence from German longitudinal data on life satisfaction," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 233-249, April.
- van Groezen, Bas & Kiiver, Hannah & Unger, Brigitte, 2009. "Explaining Europeans' preferences for pension provision," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 237-246, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pfarr Christian & Ulrich Volker, 2011.
"Discrete-Choice-Experimente zur Ermittlung der Präferenzen für Umverteilung,"
Review of Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 62(3), pages 232-262, December.
- Pfarr, Christian & Ulrich, Volker, 2011.
"Discrete-Choice-Experimente zur Ermittlung der Präferenzen für Umverteilung
[Discrete-Choice-Experiments to elicit individuals' preferences for redistribution]," MPRA Paper 31707, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pfarr, Christian & Ulrich, Volker, 2011. "Discrete-Choice-Experimente zur Ermittlung der Präferenzen für Umverteilung
More about this item
Keywordsredistribution; pension system reform; population ageing; stated preferences;
- H0 - Public Economics - - General
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2009-11-07 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2009-11-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2009-11-07 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-POL-2009-11-07 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-UPT-2009-11-07 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp4479. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .