The Effects of Health and Health Shocks on Hours Worked
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bound, John & Schoenbaum, Michael & Stinebrickner, Todd R. & Waidmann, Timothy, 1999.
"The dynamic effects of health on the labor force transitions of older workers,"
Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 179-202, June.
- John Bound & Michael Schoenbaum & Todd R. Stinebrickner & Timothy Waidmann, 1998. "The Dynamic Effects of Health on the Labor Force Transitions of Older Workers," NBER Working Papers 6777, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Disney, Richard & Emmerson, Carl & Wakefield, Matthew, 2006.
"Ill health and retirement in Britain: A panel data-based analysis,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 621-649, July.
- Richard Disney & Carl Emmerson & Matthew Wakefield, 2003. "Ill health and retirement in Britain: a panel data based analysis," IFS Working Papers W03/02, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Umut Oguzoglu, 2010.
"Dynamics of work limitation and work in Australia,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(6), pages 656-669.
- Umut Oguzoglu, 2007. "Dynamics of Work-Limitation and Work in Australia," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2007n10, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Oguzoglu, Umut, 2007. "Dynamics of Work Limitation and Work in Australia," IZA Discussion Papers 2867, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Haardt, David, 2006.
"Transitions out of and back to employment among older men and women in the UK,"
ISER Working Paper Series
2006-20, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- David Haardt, 2007. "Transitions Out Of and Back To Employment among Older Men and Women in the UK," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 197, McMaster University.
- Dean R. Hyslop, 1999. "State Dependence, Serial Correlation and Heterogeneity in Intertemporal Labor Force Participation of Married Women," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(6), pages 1255-1294, November.
- Nicole Watson & Mark Wooden, 2004. "The HILDA Survey Four Years On," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 37(3), pages 343-349, September.
- Mark Wooden & Robert Drago, 2007. "The Changing Distribution of Working Hours in Australia," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2007n19, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Brenda Gannon & Brian Nolan, 2004. "Disability and Labour Force Participation in Ireland," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 35(2), pages 135-155.
- Gerdtham, U. -G. & Johannesson, M. & Lundberg, L. & Isacson, D., 1999. "A note on validating Wagstaff and van Doorslaer's health measure in the analysis of inequalities in health," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 117-124, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jones, Melanie K & Mavromaras, Kostas & Sloane, Peter J & Wei, Zhang (NILS), 2011. "NILS Working paper no 176. Disability and job mismatches in the Australian labour market," NILS Working Papers 26074, National Institute of Labour Studies.
- Grossmann, Volker, 2013.
"Do cost-sharing and entry deregulation curb pharmaceutical innovation?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 881-894.
- Volker Grossmann, 2011. "Do Cost-sharing and Entry Deregulation Curb Pharmaceutical Innovation?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3439, CESifo Group Munich.
- Volker Grossmann & Holger Strulik, 2015.
"Optimal Social Insurance and Health Inequality,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
5604, CESifo Group Munich.
- Grossmann, Volker & Strulik, Holger, 2015. "Optimal social insurance and health inequality," FSES Working Papers 464, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Freiburg/Fribourg Switzerland.
- Grossmann, Volker & Strulik, Holger, 2017. "Optimal social insurance and health inequality," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 302, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Mavromaras, Kostas G. & Sloane, Peter J. & Wei, Zhang, 2011. "Disability and Job Mismatches in the Australian Labour Market," IZA Discussion Papers 6152, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mavromaras, Kostas & Polidano, Cain, 2011. "NILS Working paper no 165. Improving the employment rates of people with disabilities through vocational education," NILS Working Papers 26068, National Institute of Labour Studies.
- Fernández-Val, Iván & Savchenko, Yevgeniya & Vella, Francis, 2013. "Evaluating the Role of Individual Specific Heterogeneity in the Relationship Between Subjective Health Assessments and Income," IZA Discussion Papers 7651, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Manoj K. Pandey, 2013. "Elderly's Health Shocks and Household's Ex-ante Poverty in India," ASARC Working Papers 2013-01, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Mavromaras, Kostas G. & Polidano, Cain, 2011.
"Improving the Employment Rates of People with Disabilities through Vocational Education,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5548, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kostas Mavromaras & Cain Polidano, 2011. "Improving the Employment Rates of People with Disabilities through Vocational Education," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2011n03, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
More about this item
Keywordsworking hours; health; health shocks; Tobit estimation;
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-07-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2008-07-14 (Health Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2008-07-14 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp3496. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .