When Migrants Overstay Their Legal Welcome: A Proposed Solution to the Guest-Worker Program
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Francisco L. Rivera-Batiz, 1999. "Undocumented workers in the labor market: An analysis of the earnings of legal and illegal Mexican immigrants in the United States," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 12(1), pages 91-116.
- Avi Weiss & Arye L. Hillman & Gil S. Epstein, 1999. "Creating illegal immigrants," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 12(1), pages 3-21.
- Holzmann, Robert & Munz, Rainer, 2004. "Challenges and opportunities of international migration for the EU, its member states, neighboring countries, and regions : a Policy Note," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 30160, The World Bank.
- Vlad Manole & Maurice Schiff, 2013.
"Migration and Diversity: Human versus Social Capital,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(2), pages 281-294, May.
- Manole, Vlad & Schiff, Maurice, 2004. "Migration and Diversity: Human versus Social Capital," IZA Discussion Papers 1279, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Aaditya Mattoo & Antonia Carzaniga, 2003. "Moving People to Deliver Services," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15088, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ibrahim Sirkeci & Jeffrey H. Cohen & Dilip Ratha, 2012. "Migration and Remittances during the Global Financial Crisis and Beyond," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13092, April.
- BERNARD HOEKMAN & ÇAĞLAR ÖZDEN, 2010.
"The Euro-Mediterranean Partnership: Trade in Services as an Alternative to Migration?,"
Journal of Common Market Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48, pages 835-857, September.
- Hoekman, Bernard & Ozden, Caglar, 2009. "The Euro-mediterranean partnership : trade in services as an alternative to migration ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5049, The World Bank.
- Ferrie, Joseph & Hatton, Timothy J., 2013. "Two Centuries of International Migration," IZA Discussion Papers 7866, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bchir, Mohamed Hedi, 2008. "The effect of mode 4 liberalization on illegal immigration," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 1051-1063, September.
More about this item
Keywordsguest-worker program; illegal immigration; policy design; cooperation;
- F20 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - General
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-11-22 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp1401. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .