The Past and Future of Manufacturing in Central and Eastern Europe: Ready for Industry 4.0?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andres Kuusk & Karsten Staehr & Uku Varblane, 2017. "Sectoral change and labour productivity growth during boom, bust and recovery in Central and Eastern Europe," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 21-43, February.
- Slavo Radosevic, 2017. "Upgrading technology in Central and Eastern European economies," IZA World of Labor, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA), pages 338-338, February.
- Rüdiger Wink & Laura Kirchner & Florian Koch & Daniel Speda, 2016. "There are Many Roads to Reindustrialization and Resilience: Place-based Approaches in Three German Urban Regions," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(3), pages 463-488, March.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Jason Hwang & Dani Rodrik, 2007.
"What you export matters,"
Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 1-25, March.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Hwang, Jason & Rodrik, Dani, 2005. "What You Export Matters," Working Paper Series rwp05-063, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Hwang, Jason & Rodrik, Dani, 2006. "What You Export Matters," CEPR Discussion Papers 5444, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Jason Hwang & Dani Rodrik, 2005. "What You Export Matters," NBER Working Papers 11905, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Jason Hwang & Dani Rodrik, 2005. "What You Export Matters," CID Working Papers 123, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Andrew B. Bernard & Valerie Smeets & Frederic Warzynski, 2017.
Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 32(89), pages 5-38.
- Andrew B. Bernard & Valerie Smeets & Frederic Warzynski, 2014. "Rethinking Deindustrialization," Economics Working Papers 2014-14, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Andrew B. Bernard & Valerie Smeets & Frederic Warzynski, 2016. "Rethinking Deindustrialization," CEP Discussion Papers dp1423, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Bernard, Andrew B. & Smeets, Valerie & Warzynski, Frederic, 2016. "Rethinking deindustrialization," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 66441, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Andrew B. Bernard & Valerie Smeets & Frederic Warzynski, 2016. "Rethinking Deindustrialization," NBER Working Papers 22114, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrea Filippetti & Antonio Peyrache, 2013. "Is the Convergence Party Over? Labour Productivity and the Technology Gap in Europe," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(6), pages 1006-1022, November.
- Gaulier, Guillaume & Zignago, Soledad, 2004.
"Notes on BACI (analytical database of international trade). 1989-2002 version,"
32401, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guillaume Gaulier & Soledad Zignago, 2010. "BACI: International Trade Database at the Product-Level. The 1994-2007 Version," Working Papers 2010-23, CEPII research center.
- Özlem Onaran, 2008. "Jobless Growth in the Central and Eastern European Countries," Working Papers wp165, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Sudip Ranjan Basu & Monica Das, 2011. "Export Structure And Economic Performance In Developing Countries: Evidence From Nonparametric Methodology," UNCTAD Blue Series Papers 48, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Blanchard, Emily J. & Olney, William W., 2017. "Globalization and human capital investment: Export composition drives educational attainment," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 165-183.
- Piatkowski,Marcin, 2013. "Poland's new golden age : shifting from Europe's periphery to its center," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6639, The World Bank.
- Nebojsa Stojcic & Zoran Aralica, 2017. "Choosing Right from Wrong: Industrial Policy and (De)industrialization in Central and Eastern Europe," Working Papers 1703, The Institute of Economics, Zagreb.
- Tregenna, Fiona, 2011. "Manufacturing Productivity, Deindustrialization, and Reindustrialization," WIDER Working Paper Series 057, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Stephen Nickell & Stephen Redding & Joanna Swaffield, 2008. "The Uneven Pace of Deindustrialisation in the OECD," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(9), pages 1154-1184, September.
- Imre Lengyel & Zsofia Vas & Izabella Szakalne Kano & Balazs Lengyel, 2017. "Spatial differences of reindustrialization in a post-socialist economy: manufacturing in the Hungarian counties," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(8), pages 1416-1434, August.
More about this item
KeywordsEastern and Central Europe; entrepreneurship; innovation; manufacturing; technology; industrialization; industry 4.0; industrial policy;
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- O25 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Industrial Policy
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O52 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- P27 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Performance and Prospects
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENT-2019-03-04 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-INO-2019-03-04 (Innovation)
- NEP-TRA-2019-03-04 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp12141. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Holger Hinte). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.