A Unique Bond: Twin Bereavement and Lifespan Associations of Identical and Fraternal Twins
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- van den Berg, Gerard J. & Lindeboom, Maarten & Portrait, France, 2011.
"Conjugal bereavement effects on health and mortality at advanced ages,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 774-794, July.
- van den Berg, Gerard J. & Lindeboom, Maarten & Portrait, France, 2006. "Conjugal Bereavement Effects on Health and Mortality at Advanced Ages," IZA Discussion Papers 2358, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gerard J. van den Berg & Maarten Lindeboom & France Portrait, 2007. "Conjugal Bereavement Effects on Health and Mortality at Advanced Ages," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-009/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Maarten Lindeboom & France Portrait & Gerard J. van den Berg, 2002.
"An econometric analysis of the mental-health effects of major events in the life of older individuals,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 505-520.
- Lindeboom, Maarten & Portrait, France & van den Berg, Gerard, 2002. "An econometric analysis of the mental-health effects of major events in the life of older individuals," Working Paper Series 2002:19, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Lu, Yang, 2015. "Love and death: A Freund model with frailty," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 191-203.
- Andreas Wienke & Kaare Christensen & Axel Skytthe & Anatoli I. Yashin, 2002. "Genetic analysis of cause of death in a bivariate lifetime model with dependent competing risks," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2002-013, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- repec:cup:astinb:v:47:y:2017:i:03:p:837-874_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bowling, Ann, 1987. "Mortality after bereavement: A review of the literature on survival periods and factors affecting survival," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 117-124, January.
- Manor, Orly & Eisenbach, Zvi, 2003. "Mortality after spousal loss: are there socio-demographic differences?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 405-413, January.
- Jaap H. Abbring & Gerard J. van den Berg, 2003. "The Nonparametric Identification of Treatment Effects in Duration Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(5), pages 1491-1517, September.
- Chris Elbers & Geert Ridder, 1982. "True and Spurious Duration Dependence: The Identifiability of the Proportional Hazard Model," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(3), pages 403-409.
More about this item
Keywordsmortality; longevity; duration; frailty; genetic determinants; hazard rate; identification; loss of co-twin;
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- I14 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health and Inequality
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp11448. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.