Timing of protectionism
Recent history gives us evidence of the different timing and results of the opening up of several economies. We present a model to explain this divergence. Accordingly with this evidence, we show that, provided the government prefers more competition than less competition irrespective of the .rms. nationality, essentially three concepts explain everything: The agent' degree of impatience, the gap between the domestic and the foreign technologies and the costs due to the political environment. In sharp contrast to the existing literature, we show that a temporal protectionism can be time consistent, and domestic firms adopt new technologies under it.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published by Ivie|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +34 96 319 00 50
Fax: +34 96 319 00 55
Web page: http://www.ivie.es/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lilia Maliar & Fernando Valli & Serguei Maliar, 2009.
"Solving the incomplete markets model with aggregate uncertainty using the Krusell-Smith algorithm,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
2009-03, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Maliar, Lilia & Maliar, Serguei & Valli, Fernando, 2010. "Solving the incomplete markets model with aggregate uncertainty using the Krusell-Smith algorithm," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 42-49, January.
- Lilia Maliar & Fernando Valli & Seguei Maliar, 2009. "Matlab code for "Solving the incomplete markets model with aggregate uncertainty using the Krusell-Smith algorithm"," QM&RBC Codes 180, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Carlos Oyarzun & Paan Jindapon, 2009. "Strategic truth and deception," Working Papers. Serie AD 2009-24, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Martin Menner, 2007.
"The role of search frictions for output and inflation dynamics: a Bayesian assessment,"
Economics Working Papers
we076235, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Martin Menner, 2009. "The role for search frictions for output and inflation dynamics: A Bayesian assessment," Working Papers. Serie AD 2009-06, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Antoni Cunyat & Randolph Sloof, 2008. "Employee Types and Endogenous Organizational Design," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-019/1, Tinbergen Institute.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ivi:wpasad:2010-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Departamento de Edición)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.