Timing of protectionism
Recent history gives us evidence of the different timing and results of the opening up of several economies. We present a model to explain this divergence. Accordingly with this evidence, we show that, provided the government prefers more competition than less competition irrespective of the .rms. nationality, essentially three concepts explain everything: The agent' degree of impatience, the gap between the domestic and the foreign technologies and the costs due to the political environment. In sharp contrast to the existing literature, we show that a temporal protectionism can be time consistent, and domestic firms adopt new technologies under it.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2010|
|Publication status:||Published by Ivie|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: C/ Guardia Civil, 22, Esc 2a, 1o, E-46020 VALENCIA|
Phone: +34 96 319 00 50
Fax: +34 96 319 00 55
Web page: http://www.ivie.es/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Maliar, Lilia & Maliar, Serguei & Valli, Fernando, 2010.
"Solving the incomplete markets model with aggregate uncertainty using the Krusell-Smith algorithm,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 42-49, January.
- Lilia Maliar & Fernando Valli & Serguei Maliar, 2009. "Solving the incomplete markets model with aggregate uncertainty using the Krusell-Smith algorithm," Working Papers. Serie AD 2009-03, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Lilia Maliar & Fernando Valli & Seguei Maliar, 2009. "Matlab code for "Solving the incomplete markets model with aggregate uncertainty using the Krusell-Smith algorithm"," QM&RBC Codes 180, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Carlos Oyarzun & Paan Jindapon, 2009. "Strategic truth and deception," Working Papers. Serie AD 2009-24, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Cunyat, Antoni & Sloof, Randolph, 2011. "Employee types and endogenous organizational design: An experiment," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 553-573.
- Antoni Cunyat & Randolph Sloof, 2009. "Employee types and endofenous organizational design: An experiment," Working Papers. Serie AD 2009-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Menner, Martin, 2007. "The role of search frictions for output and inflation dynamics: a Bayesian assessment," UC3M Working papers. Economics we076235, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Martin Menner, 2009. "The role for search frictions for output and inflation dynamics: A Bayesian assessment," Working Papers. Serie AD 2009-06, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ivi:wpasad:2010-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Departamento de Edición)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.