Tax Evasion as a Global Game (TEGG) in the laboratory
Sánchez Villalba (2009) claims tax evasion can be modelled as a global game when income shocks are common and prescribes that the tax agency should audit each individual taxpayer with a probability that is a non-decreasing function of every other taxpayer's declarations ("contingent policy rule"). This paper uses experimental data to test the predictions of the model and finds supporting evidence for the hypothesis that the contingent policy rule is superior to the alternative "cut-off" one. It also finds that data fits the qualitative predictions of the global game model, regarding both participants' decisions and the experiment's comparative statics.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2010|
|Publication status:||Published by Ivie|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: C/ Guardia Civil, 22, Esc 2a, 1o, E-46020 VALENCIA|
Phone: +34 96 319 00 50
Fax: +34 96 319 00 55
Web page: http://www.ivie.es/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cuberes, David & Dougan, William, 2009.
"How Endogenous Is Money? Evidence from a New Microeconomic Estimate,"
17744, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Cuberes & William R. Dougan, 2010. "How Endogenous Is Money? Evidence from a New Microeconomic Estimate," Working Papers. Serie AD 2010-08, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- van der Leij Marco & Goyal Sanjeev, 2011. "Strong Ties in a Small World," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 10(2), pages 1-22, June.
- Marco van der Leij & Sanjeev Goyal, 2006. "Strong Ties in a Small World," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 06-008/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Marco van der Leij & Sanjeev Goyal, 2010. "Strong ties in a small world," Working Papers. Serie AD 2010-02, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- José J. Sempere Monerris & Rafael Moner Colonques & Amparo Urbano Salvador, 2010. "Trade liberalization in vertically related markets," Working Papers. Serie AD 2010-09, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie). Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)