Beef and Pork Packing Costs and Input Demands: Effects of Unionization and Technology
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Bryan E. Melton & Wallace E. Huffman, 1995. "Beef and Pork Packing Costs and Input Demands: Effects of Unionization and Technology," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(3), pages 471-485.
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven D. Levitt, 1995. "Optimal Incentive Schemes When Only the Agents' "Best" Output Matters to the Principal," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 26(4), pages 744-760, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- MacDonald, James M. & Ollinger, Michael & Nelson, Kenneth E. & Handy, Charles R., 2000. "Consolidation In U.S. Meatpacking," Agricultural Economics Reports 34021, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Huffman, Wallace E. & Miranowski, John A., 1996. "Immigration, Meat Packing, and Trade: Implications for Iowa," ISU General Staff Papers 199612010800001284, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Poray, Michael C. & Gray, Allan W. & Boehlje, Michael & Preckel, Paul V., 2003. "Evaluation of Alternative Coordination Systems Between Producers and Packers in the Pork Value Chain," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 6(02).
- James M. MacDonald & Michael E. Ollinger, 2000.
"Scale Economies and Consolidation in Hog Slaughter,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(2), pages 334-346.
- James M MacDonald & Michael E Ollinger, 2000. "Scale Economies and Consolidation in Hog Slaughter," Working Papers 00-03, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Ollinger, Michael, 2008. "Structural Change in the Meat and Poultry Industry and the Pathogen Reduction Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point Rule," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 36747, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Mark Drabenstott & Mark Henry & Kristin Mitchell, 1999. "Where have all the packing plants gone? : the new meat geography in rural America," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q III, pages 65-82.
- Wallace HUFFMAN & John A. MIRANOWSKI, 1996. "Immigration, Meat Packing, And Trade: Implications For Iowa," Staff Papers 285, Iowa State University Department of Economics.
- Siebert, John W. & Nayga, Rodolfo M., Jr. & Thelen, Gina C. & Kuker, Don, 2000. "Enhancing The Financial Performance Of Small Meat Processors," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 3(03).
- Klein, Nicole L. & Brester, Gary W., 1997. "Economic Impacts of the Zero Tolerance Directive on the Cost Structure of Beef Packing Companies," 1997 Annual Meeting, July 13-16, 1997, Reno\Sparks, Nevada 35743, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Jensen, Helen H. & Unnevehr, Laurian J. & Gomez, Miguel I., 1998.
"Costs of Improving Food Safety in the Meat Sector (The),"
Staff General Research Papers Archive
1156, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Helen H. Jensen & Laurian J. Unnevehr & Miguel I. Gomez, 1998. "Costs of Improving Food Safety in the Meat Sector, The," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 98-wp189, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Boonsaeng, Tullaya & Wohlgenant, Michael K., 2006. "The Demand for Livestock by the U.S. Meat Processing Industry," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21120, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Yin Xia & Steven Buccola, 2002. "Size, cost, and productivity in the meat processing industries," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(3), pages 283-299.
- Marvin L. HAYENGA, 1997. "Cost Structures Of Pork Slaughter And Processing Firms: Behavioral And Performance Implications," Staff Papers 287, Iowa State University Department of Economics.
- Marsh, John M. & Brester, Gary W., 2004. "Wholesale-Retail Marketing Margin Behavior in the Beef and Pork Industries," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 29(01), April.
- Hayenga, Marvin L., 1997. "Cost Structures of Pork Slaughter and Processing Firms: Behavioral and Performance Implications," ISU General Staff Papers 199705200700001287, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Xia, Yin & Buccola, Steven T., 2000. "Technological Performance In Meat Processing And Implications For Policy," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21862, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:isu:genres:5043. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Curtis Balmer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deiasus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.