Antecedents of customer loyalty in medical tourism
With the rise in number of medical travelers exponentially, Indian medical tourism is witnessing a high rate of growth. As many countries are foraying into this promising industry, it is imperative for the medical tourist service providers in India to take cognition of their levels of service in order to meet the expectations of their global consumers. This paper explores the primary antecedents of medical tourists’ loyalty, considering both the functional and the hedonic components of the service. An instrument is also developed to obtain the perceptions of medical tourists as well as to measure the determinants of their loyalty. The major implications of this research are also discussed.
|Date of creation:||14 May 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://bru-unide.iscte.pt/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- de Ruyter, Ko & Bloemer, Jose & Peeters, Pascal, 1997. "Merging service quality and service satisfaction. An empirical test of an integrative model," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 387-406, June.
- Claire Dennet't & ELIZABETH M. INESON & GRAHAM J. STONE & MARK COLGATE, 2000. "Pre-bookable Services in the Chartered Airline Industry: Increasing Satisfaction through Differentiation," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(2), pages 82-94, April.
- Moorthy, Sridhar & Ratchford, Brian T & Talukdar, Debabrata, 1997. " Consumer Information Search Revisited: Theory and Empirical Analysis," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(4), pages 263-77, March.
- Oliver Kesar Katarina Rimac, 2011. "Medical Tourism Development in Croatia," Zagreb International Review of Economics and Business, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb, vol. 14(2), pages 107-134, November.
- MacInnis, Deborah J & Price, Linda L, 1987. " The Role of Imagery in Information Processing: Review and Extensions," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(4), pages 473-91, March.
- Ramya M. Vijaya, 2010. "Medical Tourism: Revenue Generation or International Transfer of Healthcare Problems?," Journal of Economic Issues, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 44(1), pages 53-70, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:isc:iscwp2:bruwp1303. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Henrique Monteiro)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.