Price elasticity estimates for tobacco and other addictive goods in India
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rijo John, 2005. "Price Elasticity Estimates for Tobacco and Other Addictive Goods in India," Working Papers id:117, eSocialSciences.
- Rijo M John, 2005. "Price Elasticity Estimates for Tobacco and Other Addictive Goods in India," Microeconomics Working Papers 22395, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rijo John, 2004.
"An analysis of household's tobacco consumption decisions: Evidence from India,"
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers
2004-002, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Rijo M John, 2009. "An Analysis of Household's Tobacco Consumption Decisions: Evidence from India," Working Papers id:2188, eSocialSciences.
- Rijo M John, 2004. "An Analysis of Household's Tobacco Consumption Decisions : Evidence from India," Microeconomics Working Papers 22393, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Susan H. Busch & Mireia Jofre-Bonet & Tracy A. Falba & Jody L. Sindelar, 2004. "Tobacco Spending and its Crowd-Out of Other Goods," NBER Working Papers 10974, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kenneth Clements & Wana Yang & Simon Zheng, 1997. "Is utility additive? The case of alcohol," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(9), pages 1163-1167.
- Chaloupka, Frank J. & Warner, Kenneth E., 2000. "The economics of smoking," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 29, pages 1539-1627 Elsevier.
- Rijo M. John, 2006. "Household's Tobacco Consumption Decisions," Journal of South Asian Development, , vol. 1(1), pages 101-126, April.
- John, Rijo M., 2005. "Tobacco consumption patterns and its health implications in India," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 213-222, February.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:wsi:wschap:9789813108721_0005 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yuyu Chen & Weibo Xing, 2016.
"Quantity, Quality, and Regional Price Variation of Cigarettes: Demand Analysis Based on a Household Survey in China,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Economics of Tobacco Control in China From Policy Research to Practice, chapter 5, pages 61-87
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Chen, Yuyu & Xing, Weibo, 2011. "Quantity, quality, and regional price variation of cigarettes: Demand analysis based on a household survey in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 221-232, June.
More about this item
KeywordsTobacco; Bidi; Cigarette; Alcohol; Consumption; Elasticity; India;
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- R22 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Other Demand
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CWA-2005-09-11 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-HEA-2005-09-11 (Health Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2005-09-11 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-PBE-2005-09-11 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ind:igiwpp:2005-003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamprasad M. Pujar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/igidrin.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.