Crowding-out Effect of Tobacco Expenditure And Its Implications on Intra-Household Resource Allocation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rijo John, 2006. "Crowding-out effect of tobacco expenditure and its implications on intra-household resource allocation," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2006-002, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Parti & Cynthia Parti, 1980. "The Total and Appliance-Specific Conditional Demand for Electricity in the Household Sector," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(1), pages 309-321, Spring.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2003:i:6:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- James Banks & Richard Blundell & Arthur Lewbel, 1997. "Quadratic Engel Curves And Consumer Demand," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 527-539, November.
- Bente Halvorsen & Bodil M. Larsen, 2003. "Possibility for hedging from price increases in residential energy demand," Discussion Papers 347, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Susan H. Busch & Mireia Jofre-Bonet & Tracy A. Falba & Jody L. Sindelar, 2004. "Tobacco Spending and its Crowd-Out of Other Goods," NBER Working Papers 10974, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Browning, Martin & Meghir, Costas, 1991. "The Effects of Male and Female Labor Supply on Commodity Demands," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 925-951, July.
- Wang, Hong & Sindelar, Jody L. & Busch, Susan H., 2006. "The impact of tobacco expenditure on household consumption patterns in rural China," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(6), pages 1414-1426, March.
- Robert A. Pollak, 1969. "Conditional Demand Functions and Consumption Theory," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 83(1), pages 60-78.
- Deaton, Angus S & Ruiz-Castillo, Javier & Thomas, Duncan, 1989. "The Influence of Household Composition on Household Expenditure Patterns: Theory and Spanish Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(1), pages 179-200, February.
- Frederic Vermeulen, 2003. "Do smokers behave differently? A tale of zero expenditures and separability concepts," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(6), pages 1-7.
- John, Rijo M., 2005. "Tobacco consumption patterns and its health implications in India," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 213-222, February.
- Keen, Michael, 1986. "Zero Expenditures and the Estimation of Engel Curves," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(3), pages 277-286, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ramaele Moshoeshoe, 2012. "Consumer demand for alcoholic beverages and tobacco in Lesotho: A double-hurdle approach," Working Papers 315, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Pu, Cheng-yun & Lan, Virginia & Chou, Yiing-Jenq & Lan, Chung-fu, 2008. "The crowding-out effects of tobacco and alcohol where expenditure shares are low: Analyzing expenditure data for Taiwan," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(9), pages 1979-1989, May.
More about this item
KeywordsTobacco; consumption; poverty; crowd-out; India.;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- R22 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Other Demand
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eab:microe:22396. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shiro Armstrong). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaberau.html .