Reforming Tax Systems: Experience of the Baltics, Russia, and Other Countries of the Former Soviet Union
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mr. Julio Escolano & Mr. Parthasarathi Shome, 1993. "The State of Tax Policy in the Central Asian and Transcaucasian Newly Independent States (NIS)," IMF Policy Discussion Papers 1993/008, International Monetary Fund.
- Tanzi, Vito & Zee, Howell H., 2000.
"Tax Policy for Emerging Markets: Developing Countries,"
National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 53(2), pages 299-322, June.
- Mr. Vito Tanzi & Mr. Howell H Zee, 2000. "Tax Policy for Emerging Markets: Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 2000/035, International Monetary Fund.
- Willi Leibfritz & John Thornton & Alexandra Bibbee, 1997. "Taxation and Economic Performance," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 176, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baburin, Vyacheslav & Zemtsov, Stepan, 2014. "Diffussion of ICT-products and "five Russias"," MPRA Paper 68926, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 May 2014.
- Morawski, Leszek & Myck, Michal, 2010.
"'Klin'-ing up: Effects of Polish tax reforms on those in and on those out,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 556-566, June.
- Leszek Morawski & Michal Myck, 2008. "'Klin'-ing up: effects of Polish tax reforms on those in and on those out," IFS Working Papers W08/12, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Morawski, Leszek & Myck, Michal, 2008. "'Klin'-ing Up: Effects of Polish Tax Reforms on Those In and on Those Out," IZA Discussion Papers 3746, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Marek Gora & Grzegorz Kula & Magdalena Rokicka & Oleksandr Rohozynsky & Anna Ruzik, 2008.
"Social Security, Labour Market and Restructuring: Current Situation and Expected Outcomes of Reforms,"
ESCIRRU Working Papers
5, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Marek Gora & Grzegorz Kula & Oleksandr Rohozynsky & Magdalena Rokicka & Anna Ruzik, 2009. "Social Security, Labour Market and Restructuring: Current Situation and Expected Outcomes of Reforms," CASE Network Reports 0090, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- John E. Anderson, 2005. "Fiscal Reform and its Firm-Level Effects in Eastern Europe and Central Asia," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp800, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Kevin Kim & Mr. Ricardo Varsano & Mr. Michael Keen, 2006. "The "Flat Tax(es)": Principles and Evidence," IMF Working Papers 2006/218, International Monetary Fund.
- Terry McKinley, "undated". "Gearing Public Finance to Growth, Employment and Poverty Reduction in Moldova," Research Report 3, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- repec:bas:econth:y:2013:i:2:p:3-26 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bas:econth:y:2013:i:2:p:27-49 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jason L. Saving & Alan D. Viard, 2015. "Are income taxes destined to rise? the fiscal imbalance and future tax policy," Working Papers 1502, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Vita Jagric & Sebastjan Strasek & Timotej Jagric & Tanja Markovic-Hribernik, 2009. "Personal Income Tax Reforms as a Competitive Advantage," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1, pages 189-218, May.
- Paweł Borys & Piotr Ciżkowicz & Andrzej Rzońca, 2014.
"Panel Data Evidence on the Effects of Fiscal Policy Shocks in the EU New Member States,"
Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 35, pages 189-224, June.
- Borys, Paweł & Ciżkowicz, Piotr & Rzońca, Andrzej, 2011. "Panel data evidence on non-Keynesian efects of fiscal policy in the EU New Member," MPRA Paper 32696, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paweł Borys & Piotr Ciżkowicz & Andrzej Rzońca, 2013. "Panel data evidence on the effects of fiscal impulses in the EU New Member States," NBP Working Papers 161, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
- Borys, Paweł & Ciżkowicz, Piotr & Rzońca, Andrzej, 2013. "Panel data evidence on effects of fiscal impulses in the EU New Member States," MPRA Paper 48243, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Leanora Alecia Brown & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez, 2015. "International Debt Forgiveness: Who Gets Picked and Its Effect On The Tax Effort Of Developing Countries," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1504, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Godin, M. & Hindriks, J., 2015.
"A Review of Critical Issues on Tax Design and Tax Administration in a Global Economy and Developing Countries,"
LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE
2015028, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Mattéo Godin & Jean Hindriks, 2015. "A Review of critical issues on tax design and tax administration in a global economy and developing countries," BeFinD Working Papers 0107, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Milan Sedmihradsky & Stanislav Klazar, 2002. "Tax Competition for FDI in Central-European Countries," CESifo Working Paper Series 647, CESifo.
- Ali Merima & Shifa Abdulaziz B. & Shimeles Abebe & Woldeyes Firew, 2017. "Working Paper 290 - Building Fiscal Capacity The role of ICT," Working Paper Series 2404, African Development Bank.
- Kasuga, Hidefumi & Morita, Yuichi, 2012. "Aid effectiveness, governance and public investment," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 514-521.
- Kodjo Adandohoin, 2021. "Tax transition in developing countries: do value added tax and excises really work?," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 379-424, May.
- Garcia Penalosa, Cecilia & Turnovsky, Stephen J., 2005.
"Second-best optimal taxation of capital and labor in a developing economy,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(5-6), pages 1045-1074, June.
- Cecilia Garcia Penalosa & Stephen J. Turnovsky, 2003. "Second-Best Optimal Taxation of Capital and Labor in a Developing Economy," IDEP Working Papers 0307, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France.
- Cecilia Garcia-Penalosa & Stephen Turnovsky, 2004. "Second-Best Optimal Taxation of Capital and Labor in a Developing Economy," Working Papers UWEC-2004-05-P, University of Washington, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2004.
- Zee, Howell H. & Stotsky, Janet G. & Ley, Eduardo, 2002. "Tax Incentives for Business Investment: A Primer for Policy Makers in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1497-1516, September.
- James Alm & Mir Ahmad Khan, 2015. "Assessing and Reforming Enterprise Taxation in Pakistan," Working Papers 1513, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Celikay, Ferdi, 2020. "Dimensions of tax burden: a review on OECD countries," Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Science, Universidad ESAN, vol. 25(49), pages 27-43.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Warlters, Michael, 2005. "Taxation base in developing countries," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(4), pages 625-646, April.
- Mardan, Mohammed & Stimmelmayr, Michael, 2020.
"Tax competition between developed, emerging, and developing countries – Same same but different?,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 146(C).
- Mohammed Mardan & Michael Stimmelmayr, 2018. "Tax Competition between Developed, Emerging and Developing Countries - Same Same but Different?," CESifo Working Paper Series 7090, CESifo.
- Kym Anderson & Gordon Rausser & Johan Swinnen, 2013.
"Political Economy of Public Policies: Insights from Distortions to Agricultural and Food Markets,"
Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 51(2), pages 423-477, June.
- Kym Anderson & Gordon Rausser & Johan Swinnen, 2012. "Political Economy of Public Policies: Insights from Distortions to Agricultural and Food Markets," LICOS Discussion Papers 32312, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Anderson, Kym & Rausser, Gordon & Swinnen, Johan, 2012. "Political Economy of Public Policies: Insights from Distortions to Agricultural and Food Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 9221, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kym Anderson & Gordon Rausser & Johan Swinnen, 2012. "Political Economy of Public Policies: Insights from Distortions to Agricultural and Food Markets," Departmental Working Papers 2012-18, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Anderson, Kym & Rausser, Gordon & Swinnen, Johan, 2013. "Political economy of public policies : insights from distortions to agricultural and food markets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6433, The World Bank.
- Sawitree S. Asawanuchit & Mr. Hamid R Davoodi & Mr. Erwin H Tiongson, 2003. "How Useful Are Benefit Incidence Analyses of Public Education and Health Spending," IMF Working Papers 2003/227, International Monetary Fund.
- Nobuhiro Mizuno & Katsuyuki Naito & Ryosuke Okazawa, 2017.
"Inequality, extractive institutions, and growth in nondemocratic regimes,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 170(1), pages 115-142, January.
- Mizuno, Nobuhiro & Naito, Katsuyuki & Okazawa, Ryosuke, 2012. "Inequality, extractive institutions, and growth in nondemocratic regimes," MPRA Paper 41434, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers, 2011. "Transfer pricing and developing countries," Taxation Studies 0038, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
- World Bank, . "Poland : Saving for Growth and Prosperous Aging," World Bank Other Operational Studies, The World Bank, number 20441, September.
- Sameera Awawda & Mohammad Abu-Zaineh & Bruno Ventelou, 2019.
"Who Bears the Burden of Universal Health Coverage? An Assessment of Alternative Financing Policies Using an Overlapping generations General Equilibrium Model,"
1335, Economic Research Forum, revised 21 Aug 2019.
- Mohammad Abu-Zaineh & Sameera Awawda & Bruno Ventelou, 2020. "Who bears the burden of universal health coverage? An assessment of alternative financing policies using an overlapping-generations general equilibrium model," Post-Print hal-02877144, HAL.
- Odd-Helge Fjeldstad, 2013. "Taxation and Development: a Review of Donor Support to Strengthen Tax Systems in Developing Countries," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2013-010, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Bird, Richard M. & Zolt, Eric M., 2011. "Dual Income Taxation: A Promising Path to Tax Reform for Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1691-1703.
More about this item
KeywordsWP; reform; country; BRO country; tax system; rate; tax policy; tax reforms; reform effort; reform experience; reform initiative; tax reform objective; tax reform experience in BRO country; reform implementation; tax reform initiative; BRO countries tax policy reform; tax administration capacity; transition country; Personal income tax; Tax administration core functions; Income tax systems; Income and capital gains taxes; Baltics;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CIS-2004-04-18 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-CWA-2004-04-18 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-PUB-2004-05-02 (Public Finance)
- NEP-TRA-2004-04-18 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:2003/173. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Akshay Modi (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.