The Simple Geometry of Perfect Information Games
Perfect information games have a particularly simple structure of equilibria in the associated normal form. For generic such games each of the finitely many connected components of Nash equilibria is contractible. For every perfect information game there is a unique connected and contractible component of subgame perfect equilibria. Finally, the graph of the subgame perfect equilibrium correspondence, after a very mild deformation, looks like the space of perfect information extensive form games.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 0
Fax: ++43 - (0)1 - 599 91 - 555
Web page: http://www.ihs.ac.at
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Institute for Advanced Studies - Library, Stumpergasse 56, A-1060 Vienna, Austria|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rosenthal, Robert W., 1981. "Games of perfect information, predatory pricing and the chain-store paradox," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 92-100, August.
- Ritzberger, Klaus & Weibull, Jörgen W., 1993.
"Evolutionary Selection in Normal Form Games,"
Working Paper Series
383, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-154427 is not listed on IDEAS
- van Damme, E.E.C., 1984. "A relation between perfect equilibria in extensive form games and proper equilibria in normal form games," Other publications TiSEM 3734d89e-fd5c-4c80-a230-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- van Damme, E.E.C., 1989.
"Stable equilibria and forward induction,"
Other publications TiSEM
bd598a8f-f017-4cab-a9ed-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- David Kreps & Robert Wilson, 1998.
Levine's Working Paper Archive
237, David K. Levine.
- Swinkels, Jeroen M., 1992. "Evolution and strategic stability: From maynard smith to kohlberg and mertens," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 333-342, August.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-154422 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mertens, J.-F., 1988. "Stable equilibria - a reformulation," CORE Discussion Papers 1988038, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Noldeke Georg & Samuelson Larry, 1993.
"An Evolutionary Analysis of Backward and Forward Induction,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 425-454, July.
- Noeldecke,Georg & Samuelson,Larry, . "An evolutionary analysis of backward and forward induction," Discussion Paper Serie B 228, University of Bonn, Germany.
- G. Noldeke & L. Samuelson, 2010. "An Evolutionary Analysis of Backward and Forward Induction," Levine's Working Paper Archive 538, David K. Levine.
- Jeroen M. Swinkels, 1991.
"Adjustment Dynamics and Rational Play in Games,"
1001, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Demichelis, Stefano & Ritzberger, Klaus, 2003.
"From evolutionary to strategic stability,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 51-75, November.
- Ritzberger, Klaus, 1994. "The Theory of Normal Form Games form the Differentiable Viewpoint," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 207-36.
- Marx, Leslie M., 1999. "Adaptive Learning and Iterated Weak Dominance," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 253-278, January.
- Hart, Sergiu, 2002.
"Evolutionary dynamics and backward induction,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 227-264, November.
- KOHLBERG, Elon & MERTENS, Jean-François, .
"On the strategic stability of equilibria,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-716, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Esther Hauk & Sjaak Hurkens, 1999.
"On forward induction and evolutionary and strategic stability,"
Economics Working Papers
408, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Sep 1999.
- Hauk, Esther & Hurkens, Sjaak, 2002. "On Forward Induction and Evolutionary and Strategic Stability," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 66-90, September.
- R. Cressman, K.H. Schlag, 1995.
"The Dynamic (In)Stability of Backwards Induction,"
Discussion Paper Serie B
347, University of Bonn, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ihs:ihsesp:115. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Doris Szoncsitz)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.