Understanding co-operative R&D activity: evidence from four European countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruno Cassiman & Reinhilde Veugelers, 1998.
"R&D cooperation and spillovers: Some empirical evidence,"
Economics Working Papers
328, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Cassiman, Bruno & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2001. "R&D cooperation and spillovers: Some empirical evidence," IESE Research Papers D/430, IESE Business School.
- Cassiman, Bruno & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 1999. "R&D Cooperation and Spillovers: Some Empirical Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 2330, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ballesteros, Juan Acosta & Rico, Aurelia Modrego, 2001. "Public financing of cooperative R&D projects in Spain: the Concerted Projects under the National R&D Plan," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 625-641, April.
- Belderbos, Rene & Carree, Martin & Diederen, Bert & Lokshin, Boris & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2004. "Heterogeneity in R&D cooperation strategies," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1237-1263, November.
- Miotti, Luis & Sachwald, Frederique, 2003. "Co-operative R&D: why and with whom?: An integrated framework of analysis," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1481-1499, September.
- Lopez, Alberto, 2008. "Determinants of R&D cooperation: Evidence from Spanish manufacturing firms," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 113-136, January.
- Cohen, Wesley M & Levinthal, Daniel A, 1989. "Innovation and Learning: The Two Faces of R&D," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 569-596, September.
- Patrick Greenlee & Bruno Cassiman, 1999. "Product market objectives and the formation of research joint ventures," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(3), pages 115-130.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Spyros Arvanitis, 2009. "How do different motives for R&D cooperation affect firm performance?," KOF Working papers 09-233, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Martin Srholec, 2015.
"Understanding the diversity of cooperation on innovation across countries: multilevel evidence from Europe,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1-2), pages 159-182, March.
- Srholec , Martin, 2013. "Understanding the diversity of cooperation on innovation across countries: Multilevel evidence from Europe," Papers in Innovation Studies 2013/26, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Spyros Arvanitis & Thomas Bolli, 2009. "A comparison of firm-level innovation cooperation in five European countries," KOF Working papers 09-232, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Ascension Barajas & Elena Huergo & Lourdes Moreno, 2012.
"Measuring the economic impact of research joint ventures supported by the EU Framework Programme,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 37(6), pages 917-942, December.
- Barajas, A & Huergo, E & Moreno, L, 2009. "Measuring the impact of international R&D cooperation: the case of Spanish firms participating in the EU Framework Programme," MPRA Paper 23610, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lokshin, Boris & Hagedoorn, John & Letterie, Wilko, 2011.
"The bumpy road of technology partnerships: Understanding causes and consequences of partnership mal-functioning,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 297-308, March.
- Lokshin, Boris & Hagedoorn, John & Letterie, Wilko, 2010. "The bumpy road of technology partnerships: Understanding causes and consequences of partnership mal-functioning," MERIT Working Papers 057, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Schmidt, Tobias & Rammer, Christian, 2007. "Non-technological and Technological Innovation: Strange Bedfellows?," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-052, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- de Faria, Pedro & Lima, Francisco & Santos, Rui, 2010. "Cooperation in innovation activities: The importance of partners," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1082-1092, October.
- Hyunbae Chun & Sung-Bae Mun, 2012.
"Determinants of R&D cooperation in small and medium-sized enterprises,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 419-436, September.
- Hyunbae Chun & Sung-Bae Mun, 2012. "Determinants of R&D Cooperation in Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises," Working Papers 1204, Research Institute for Market Economy, Sogang University.
- Perkmann, Markus & King, Zella & Pavelin, Stephen, 2011. "Engaging excellence? Effects of faculty quality on university engagement with industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 539-552, May.
- Schmidt, Tobias, 2007. "Motives for Innovation Co-operation? Evidence from the Canadian Survey of Innovation," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-018, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Edwards-Schachter, Mónica & Anlló, Guillermo & Castro-Martínez, Elena & Sánchez-Barrioluengo, Mabel & Fernández De Lucio, Ignacio, 2012. "Motives for inter-firm cooperation on R&D and innovation: empirical evidence from Argentine and Spain," INGENIO (CSIC-UPV) Working Paper Series 201204, INGENIO (CSIC-UPV), revised 04 Jun 2012.
- Spyros Arvanitis & Thomas Bolli, 2013. "A Comparison of National and International Innovation Cooperation in Five European Countries," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 43(3), pages 163-191, November.
- Segarra-Blasco, Agusti & Arauzo-Carod, Josep-Maria, 2008. "Sources of innovation and industry-university interaction: Evidence from Spanish firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1283-1295, September.
- Martin Srholec, 2011. "Understanding the heterogeneity of cooperation on innovation: Firm-level evidence from Europe," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20111201, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Faria, Pedro & Schmidt, Tobias, 2007.
"International Cooperation on Innovation: Empirical Evidence for German and Portuguese Firms,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
07-060, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Faria, Pedro & Schmidt, Tobias, 2007. "International cooperation on innovation: empirical evidence for German and Portuguese firms," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2007,30, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Manuela Gussoni, "undated". "The determinants of inter-Â¯rms R&D cooperation and partner selection. A literature overview," Discussion Papers 2009/86, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Schmiedeberg, Claudia, 2008. "Complementarities of innovation activities: An empirical analysis of the German manufacturing sector," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1492-1503, October.
- Fontana, Roberto & Geuna, Aldo, 2009. "The Nature of Collaborative Patenting Activities," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 200910, University of Turin.
More about this item
KeywordsR&D co-operation; spillovers; joint ventures; CIS;
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- L24 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Contracting Out; Joint Ventures
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-04-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2006-04-22 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-EEC-2006-04-22 (European Economics)
- NEP-INO-2006-04-22 (Innovation)
- NEP-TID-2006-04-22 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ifs:ifsewp:05/23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Emma Hyman). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifsssuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.