From Inside the Firm to the Growth Process
This paper argues that the internal organization of the firm and the growth process interact strongly to determine simultaneously the power of incentives within the firm and the growth rate. We show how agents within the firm can invest either by using their own human capital or by relying on some form of reputational capital to secure implicit relationships within the firm and we discuss how these investments affect the growth rate of the economy. (JEL: D92, L22, O40) Copyright (c) 2003 The European Economic Association.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Journal of the European Economic Association, vol. 1, n°2-3, avril-mai 2003.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Manufacture des Tabacs, Aile Jean-Jacques Laffont, 21 Allée de Brienne, 31000 TOULOUSE|
Phone: +33 (0)5 61 12 85 89
Fax: + 33 (0)5 61 12 86 37
Web page: http://www.idei.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daron Acemoglu & Philippe Aghion & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2002.
"Vertical Integration and Distance to Frontier,"
NBER Working Papers
9191, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Zilibotti, Fabrizio & Aghion, Philippe, 2003. "Vertical Integration and Distance to Frontier," Scholarly Articles 4481512, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Aghion, Philippe & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 2002. "Vertical Integration and Distance to Frontier," CEPR Discussion Papers 3565, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Martimort, D. & Verdier, T., 1999.
"The Internal Organization of the Firm, Transaction Costs and Macroeconomic Growth,"
1999-08, Laval - Laboratoire Econometrie.
- Martimort, David & Verdier, Thierry, 2000. "The Internal Organization of the Firm, Transaction Costs, and Macroeconomic Growth," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 315-40, December.
- Martimort, D. & Verdier, T., 1999. "The Internal Organization of the Firm, Transaction Costs and Macroeconomic Growth," DELTA Working Papers 1999-08, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Patrick Francois & Joanne Roberts, 2003. "Relationships, Commitment, and Labor Productivity Growth," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(2-3), pages 612-620, 04/05.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ide:wpaper:643. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.