From inside the firm to the growth process
This paper argues that the internal organization of the firm and the growth process interact strongly to determine simultaneously the power of incentives within the firm and the growth rate of the economy. We show how agents within the firm can invest either by using their own human capital or by relying on some form of reputational capital to secure implicit relationships within the firm and we discuss how these investments affect the growth rate of the economy.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 01 43 13 63 00
Fax: 01 43 13 63 10
Web page: http://www.delta.ens.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daron Acemoglu & Philippe Aghion & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2003.
"Vertical Integration and Distance to Frontier,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 1(2-3), pages 630-638, 04/05.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Zilibotti, Fabrizio & Aghion, Philippe, 2003. "Vertical Integration and Distance to Frontier," Scholarly Articles 4481512, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Daron Acemoglu & Philippe Aghion & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2002. "Vertical Integration and Distance to Frontier," NBER Working Papers 9191, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Aghion, Philippe & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 2002. "Vertical Integration and Distance to Frontier," CEPR Discussion Papers 3565, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Patrick Francois & Joanne Roberts, 2003. "Relationships, Commitment, and Labor Productivity Growth," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(2-3), pages 612-620, 04/05.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:del:abcdef:2003-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.