The complex interaction between Global Production Networks, Digital Information Systems and International Knowledge Transfers
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jarle Hildrum & Dieter Ernst & Jan Fagerberg, 2011. "The Complex Interaction between Global Production Networks, Digital Information Systems and International Knowledge Transfers," Chapters, in: Cristiano Antonelli (ed.), Handbook on the Economic Complexity of Technological Change, chapter 16, Edward Elgar Publishing.
References listed on IDEAS
- David A. Wolfe & Meric S. Gertler, 2004. "Clusters from the Inside and Out: Local Dynamics and Global Linkages," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 41(5-6), pages 1071-1093, May.
- Dieter Ernst, 1998.
"High-Tech competition puzzles - How globalization affects firm behavior and market structure in the electronics industry,"
Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 85(1), pages 9-30.
- Dieter Ernst, 1997. "High-Tech Competition Puzzles. How Globalization Affects Firm Behavior and Market Structure in the Electronics Industry," DRUID Working Papers 97-9, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Dieter Ernst, 2002.
"Global production networks and the changing geography of innovation systems. Implications for developing countries,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(6), pages 497-523.
- Dieter Ernst, 2000. "Global Production Networks and the Changing Geography of Innovation Systems: Implications for Developing Countries," Economics Study Area Working Papers 09, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Gupta, Amar & Seshasai, Satwik, 2004. "Toward the 24-Hour Knowledge Factory," Working papers 4455-03, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Eric von Hippel, 2006. "Democratizing Innovation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262720477.
- Salter, Ammon & Gann, David, 2003. "Sources of ideas for innovation in engineering design," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1309-1324, September.
- Gary Olson & Judith Olson, 2003. "Mitigating the effects of distance on collaborative intellectual work," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 27-42.
- Senker, Jacqueline, 1995. "Tacit Knowledge and Models of Innovation," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(2), pages 425-447.
- Cristiano Antonelli (ed.), 2011. "Handbook on the Economic Complexity of Technological Change," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13391.
- Lars Coenen & Jerker Moodysson & Bjørn T. Asheim, 2004. "Nodes, networks and proximities: on the knowledge dynamics of the Medicon Valley biotech cluster," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(7), pages 1003-1018, June.
- Jeffrey Macher & David Mowery & Timothy Simcoe, 2002. "e-Business and Disintegration of the Semiconductor Industry Value Chain," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 155-181.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1985. "Network Externalities, Competition, and Compatibility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 424-440, June.
- Dominique Foray & W. Edward Steinmueller, 2003. "The economics of knowledge reproduction by inscription," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 299-319, April.
- Harald Bathelt & Andersand Malmberg & Peter Maskell, 2002. "Clusters and Knowledge Local Buzz, Global Pipelines and the Process of Knowledge Creation," DRUID Working Papers 02-12, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Dieter Ernst, 2005. "Limits to Modularity: Reflections on Recent Developments in Chip Design," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 303-335.
- Harald Bathelt, 2005. "Cluster Relations in the Media Industry: Exploring the 'Distanced Neighbour' Paradox in Leipzig," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 105-127.
- Ernst, Dieter & Kim, Linsu, 2002. "Global production networks, knowledge diffusion, and local capability formation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1417-1429, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhaobin Fan & Hui Li & Lin Pan, 2019. "FDI and International Knowledge Diffusion: An Examination of the Evolution of Comparative Advantage," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(3), pages 1-17, January.
- Verspagen, B. & Fagerberg, J., 2014.
"One Europe or several? Causes and consequences of the European stagnation,"
MERIT Working Papers
2014-025, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Jan Fagerberg & Bart Verspagen, 2014. "One Europe or Several? Causes and Consequences of the European Stagnation," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20140410, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Matthias Böttcher, 2010. "Global and local networks in the Solar Energy Industry - The case of the San Francisco Bay Area," NEURUS papers neurusp143, NEURUS - Network of European and US Regional and Urban Studies.
- Pleticha, Petr, 2021.
"Who Benefits from Global Value Chain Participation? Does Functional Specialization Matter?,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 291-299.
- Petr Pleticha, 2021. "Who Benefits from Global Value Chain Participation? Does Functional Specialization Matter?," Working Papers IES 2021/12, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Apr 2021.
- Lall, Sanjaya & Albaladejo, Manuel, 2004.
"China's Competitive Performance: A Threat to East Asian Manufactured Exports?,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1441-1466, September.
- Sanjaya Lall and Manuel Albaladejo (QEH), "undated". "China’s Competitive Performance: A Threat To East Asian Manufactured Exports?," QEH Working Papers qehwps110, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Ascani, Andrea & Bettarelli, Luca & Resmini, Laura & Balland, Pierre-Alexandre, 2020.
"Global networks, local specialisation and regional patterns of innovation,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(8).
- Andrea Ascani & Luca Bettarelli & Laura Resmini & Pierre-Alexandre Balland, 2020. "Global networks, local specialisation and regional patterns of innovation," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 2002, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jan 2020.
- Fiona Sussan & Zoltan J. Acs, 2017. "The digital entrepreneurial ecosystem," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 55-73, June.
- Susanne Meyer & Daniel Schiller & Javier Revilla Diez, 2009. "The Janus‐Faced Economy: Hong Kong Firms As Intermediaries Between Global Customers And Local Producers In The Electronics Industry," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 100(2), pages 224-235, April.
- Basant, Rakesh, 2002. "Knowledge Flows and IndustrialClusters: An Analytical Review of Literature," IIMA Working Papers WP2002-02-01, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Demirbag, Mehmet & Apaydin, Marina & Sahadev, Sunil, 2021. "Micro-foundational dimensions of firm internationalisation as determinants of knowledge management strategy: A case for global strategic partnerships," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 165(C).
- Leonardo Costa Ribeiro & Glenda Kruss & Gustavo Britto & Ricardo Machado Ruiz & Américo Tristão Bernardes & Eduardo da Motta e Albuquerque, 2012. "Unveiling Global Innovation Networks," Textos para Discussão Cedeplar-UFMG 463, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Sidonia von Proff & Thomas Brenner, 2011. "The Dynamics of Inter-Regional Collaboration â€“ An Analysis of Co-Patenting," Working Papers on Innovation and Space 2011-06, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Choung, Jae-Yong & Hwang, Hye-Ran & Song, Wichin, 2014. "Transitions of Innovation Activities in Latecomer Countries: An Exploratory Case Study of South Korea," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 156-167.
- Cristina Chaminade & Claudia De Fuentes & Gouya Harirchi & Monica Plechero, 2016.
"The geography and structure of global innovation networks: global scope and regional embeddedness,"
Chapters, in: Richard Shearmu & Christophe Carrincazeaux & David Doloreux (ed.), Handbook on the Geographies of Innovation, chapter 22, pages 370-381,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Chaminade , Cristina & De Fuentes , Claudia & Harirchi , Gouya & Plechero , Monica, 2015. "The Geography and Structure of Global Innovation Networks: Global Scope and Regional Embeddedness," Papers in Innovation Studies 2015/31, Lund University, CIRCLE - Centre for Innovation Research.
- Pranpreya Sriwannawit & Ulf Sandström, 2015. "Large-scale bibliometric review of diffusion research," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 102(2), pages 1615-1645, February.
- Rakesh Basant, 2010. "Intellectual Property Protection, Regulation and Innovation in Developing Economies: The Case of Indian Pharmaceutical Industry," Working Papers id:3208, eSocialSciences.
- Scott, Allen J., 2010. "Cultural economy and the creative field of the city," MPRA Paper 32108, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jorge Romero Amado & Vania López Toache & María Eugenia Martínez De Ita, 2018. "Human Capital In Mexico Within The Framework Of The Knowledge-Based Economy: A Review Of Science And Tecnology Indicators," Economia Coyuntural,Revista de temas de perspectivas y coyuntura, Instituto de Investigaciones Economicas y Sociales 'Jose Ortiz Mercado' (IIES-JOM), Facultad de Ciencias Economicas, Administrativas y Financieras, Universidad Autonoma Gabriel Rene Moreno, vol. 3(1), pages 1-36.
- Andrea Bonaccorsi, 2011. "A Functional Theory of Technology and Technological Change," Chapters, in: Cristiano Antonelli (ed.), Handbook on the Economic Complexity of Technological Change, chapter 12, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Liu, Ju & Chaminade, Cristina, 2014. "Exploring the interplay, differences, and commonalities between global production networks and global innovation networks of two multinational companies," Papers in Innovation Studies 2014/7, Lund University, CIRCLE - Centre for Innovation Research.
- Gosens, Jorrit & Lu, Yonglong & Coenen , Lars, 2013. "Clean-tech Innovation in Emerging Economies: Transnational Dimensions in Technological Innovation System Formation," Papers in Innovation Studies 2013/10, Lund University, CIRCLE - Centre for Innovation Research.
- Costa Climent, Ricardo & Haftor, Darek M., 2021. "Value creation through the evolution of business model themes," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 353-361.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2010-06-11 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ICT-2010-06-11 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-INO-2010-06-11 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2010-06-11 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-NET-2010-06-11 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:icr:wpicer:07-2010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/icerrit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Daniele Pennesi (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/icerrit.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.