Guarding the Guardians: An Analysis of Investigations against Police
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Rua Quatá 300, São Paulo, SP 04546-042|
Web page: http://www.insper.edu.br/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alchian, Armen A & Demsetz, Harold, 1972.
"Production , Information Costs, and Economic Organization,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 777-795, December.
- Armen A. Alchian & Harold Demsetz, 1971. "Production, Information Costs and Economic Organizations," UCLA Economics Working Papers 10A, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Leonid Hurwicz, 2008. "But Who Will Guard the Guardians?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(3), pages 577-585, June.
- Hurwicz, Leonid, 2007. "But Who Will Guard the Guardians?," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 2007-3, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Gary S. Becker, 1974. "Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach," NBER Chapters,in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 1-54 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary S. Becker, 1968. "Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76, pages 169-169.
- McElvain, James P. & Kposowa, Augustine J., 2004. "Police officer characteristics and internal affairs investigations for use of force allegations," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 265-279.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Donohue, John J, III & Levitt, Steven D, 2001. "The Impact of Race on Policing and Arrests," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(2), pages 367-394, October.
- Weitzer, Ronald, 2002. "Incidents of police misconduct and public opinion," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 397-408.
- Sandro Cabral & Sergio Lazzarini & Paulo Azevedo, 2010. "Private operation with public supervision: evidence of hybrid modes of governance in prisons," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 145(1), pages 281-293, October.
- Terrill, William & McCluskey, John, 2002. "Citizen complaints and problem officers: Examining officer behavior," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 143-155.
- Carter, David L., 1990. "Drug-related corruption of police officers: A contemporary typology," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 85-98.
- Avinash Dixit, 2002. "# Incentives and Organizations in the Public Sector: An Interpretative Review," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 37(4), pages 696-727.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Heckman, James J, 1979. "Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 153-161, January.
- Licht Amir N., 2008. "Social Norms and the Law: Why Peoples Obey the Law," Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 4(3), pages 715-750, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ibm:ibmecp:wpe_202. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Naercio Menezes)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.