Corruption, Connections and Transparency: Does a Better Screen Imply a Better Scene?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Bac, Mehmet, 2001. "Corruption, Connections and Transparency: Does a Better Screen Imply a Better Scene?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 107(1-2), pages 87-96, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bac, Mehmet, 1996. "Corruption and Supervision Costs in Hierarchies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 99-118, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:pdn:wpaper:70 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sovacool, Benjamin K. & Walter, Götz & Van de Graaf, Thijs & Andrews, Nathan, 2016. "Energy Governance, Transnational Rules, and the Resource Curse: Exploring the Effectiveness of the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI)," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 179-192.
- Paolo de Renzio & Joachim Wehner, 2017. "The Impacts of Fiscal Openness," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 32(2), pages 185-210.
- Bag, Parimal Kanti & Pepito, Nona, 2011. "Double-edged transparency in teams," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(7), pages 531-542.
- Rommel F. Rabanal, 2005. "Transparency, incentives and incumbent performance," UP School of Economics Discussion Papers 200509, University of the Philippines School of Economics.
- Nicolas Jacquemet, 2005. "La corruption comme une imbrication de contrats : Une revue de la littérature microéconomique," Working Papers 2005-29, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Francesco Giuli & Marco Manzo, 2009. "Enhancing Bank Transparency: What Role for the Supervision Authority?," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 56(4), pages 1-58, December.
- Kolstad, Ivar & Wiig, Arne, 2009. "Is Transparency the Key to Reducing Corruption in Resource-Rich Countries?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 521-532, March.
- Balsevich, A. & Pivovarova, S. & Podkolzina, E., 2012. "The Role of Information Transparency in Public Procurement: the Example of Russian Regions," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 15(3), pages 82-112.
- Ana Cárcaba & Eduardo González & Juan Ventura & Rubén Arrondo, 2017. "How Does Good Governance Relate to Quality of Life?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(4), pages 1-16, April.
- Peerayuth Charoensukmongkol & Murad Moqbel, 2014. "Does Investment in ICT Curb or Create More Corruption? A Cross-Country Analysis," Public Organization Review, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 51-63, March.
- Ivar Kolstad & Arne Wiig, 2016.
"How do voters respond to information on self-serving elite behaviour? Evidence from a randomized survey experiment in Tanzania,"
CMI Working Papers
9, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Ivar Kolstad & Arne Wiig, 2018. "How do voters respond to information on self-serving elite behaviour? Evidence from a randomized survey experiment in Tanzania," WIDER Working Paper Series 011, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Cuervo-Cazurra, Alvaro, 2016. "Corruption in international business," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 35-49.
- Eugen Dimant & Guglielmo Tosato, 2018.
"Causes And Effects Of Corruption: What Has Past Decade'S Empirical Research Taught Us? A Survey,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(2), pages 335-356, April.
- Dimant, Eugen, 2014. "The Antecedents and Effects of Corruption - A Reassessment of Current (Empirical) Findings," MPRA Paper 60947, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dimant, Eugen & Tosato, Guglielmo, 2017. "Causes and Effects of Corruption: What has Past Decade's Research Taught us? A Survey," MPRA Paper 76445, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francesco Giuli & Marco Manzo, 2005. "Protecting Savings: Do We Need a Supervision Authority?," Working Papers 84, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
- de Renzio, Paolo & Wehner, Joachim, 2017. "The impacts of fiscal openness," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 82521, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Mtiraoui, Abderraouf, 2015.
"Corruption et développement économique: Application aux secteurs de l’éducation et de la santé dans la zone MENA
[Corruption and Economic Development: Application to the sectors of education and he," MPRA Paper 64306, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Blume, Lorenz & Voigt, Stefan, 2013. "The economic effects of constitutional budget institutions," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 236-251.
- Anna Balsevich & Svetlana Pivovarova & Elena Podkolzina, 2011. "Information Transparency in Public Procurement: How it Works in Russian Regions," HSE Working papers WP BRP 01/EC/2011, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Ivar Kolstad & Arne Wiig, 2011. "Does democracy reduce corruption?," CMI Working Papers 4, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Ivar Kolstad & Arne Wiig & Vincent Somville, 2014. "Devolutionary delusions? The effect of decentralization on corruption," CMI Working Papers 10, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Cordis, Adriana S. & Warren, Patrick L., 2014. "Sunshine as disinfectant: The effect of state Freedom of Information Act laws on public corruption," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 18-36.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:107:y:2001:i:1:p:87-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.