Incidents of police misconduct and public opinion
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jefferis, Eric S. & Kaminski, Robert J. & Holmes, Stephen & Hanley, Dena E., 1997. "The effect of a videotaped arrest on public perceptions of police use of force," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 381-395.
- Weitzer, Ronald, 2000. "White, black, or blue cops? Race and citizen assessments of police officers," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 313-324.
- White, Mervin F. & Menke, Ben A., 1982. "On assessing the mood of the public toward the police: Some conceptual issues," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 211-230.
- Henderson, Martha L. & Cullen, Francis T. & Cao, Liqun & Browning, Sandra Lee & Kopache, Renee, 1997. "The impact of race on perceptions of criminal injustice," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 447-462, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jcjust:v:51:y:2017:i:c:p:24-33 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gau, Jacinta M. & Corsaro, Nicholas & Stewart, Eric A. & Brunson, Rod K., 2012. "Examining macro-level impacts on procedural justice and police legitimacy," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 333-343.
- Jennings, Wesley G. & Lynch, Mathew D. & Fridell, Lorie A., 2015. "Evaluating the impact of police officer body-worn cameras (BWCs) on response-to-resistance and serious external complaints: Evidence from the Orlando police department (OPD) experience utilizing a ran," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 43(6), pages 480-486.
- Reitzel, John D. & Rice, Stephen K. & Piquero, Alex R., 2004. "Lines and shadows: Perceptions of racial profiling and the Hispanic experience," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 607-616.
- Cabral, Sandro & Lazzarini, Sérgio G., 2010. "Guarding the Guardians: An Analysis of Investigations against Police," Insper Working Papers wpe_202, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Dowler, Kenneth & Zawilski, Valerie, 2007. "Public perceptions of police misconduct and discrimination: Examining the impact of media consumption," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 193-203.
- Jennings, Wesley G. & Fridell, Lorie A. & Lynch, Mathew D., 2014. "Cops and cameras: Officer perceptions of the use of body-worn cameras in law enforcement," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 549-556.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jcjust:v:30:y:2002:i:5:p:397-408. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcrimjus .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.