From La BohÃ¨me to La Wally: How Organizational Status Affects the (Un)conventionality of Opera Repertoires
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- J. Pierce, 2000. "Programmatic Risk-Taking by American Opera Companies," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 24(1), pages 45-63, February.
- David L. Deephouse & Suzanne M. Carter, 2005. "An Examination of Differences Between Organizational Legitimacy and Organizational Reputation," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 329-360, March.
- Spence, Michael, 1974. "Competitive and optimal responses to signals: An analysis of efficiency and distribution," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 296-332, March.
- Podolny, Joel M & Phillips, Damon J, 1996. "The Dynamics of Organizational Status," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 453-471.
- Rodolphe Durand & Hayagreeva Rao & Philippe Monin, 2007. "Code and conduct in French cuisine: Impact of code changes on external evaluations," Post-Print hal-00459450, HAL.
- James Heilbrun, 2001. "Empirical Evidence of a Decline in Repertory Diversity among American Opera Companies 1991/92 to 1997/98," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 25(1), pages 63-72, February.
- Rodolphe Durand & Hayagreeva Rao & Philippe Monin, 2005. "Border Crossing: Bricolage and the Erosion of Categorical Boundaries in French Gastronomy," Post-Print hal-00457938, HAL.
- Stigler, George J & Becker, Gary S, 1977. "De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 76-90, March.
- Giuseppe Delmestri & Fabrizio Montanari & Alessandro Usai, 2005. "Reputation and Strength of Ties in Predicting Commercial Success and Artistic Merit of Independents in the Italian Feature Film Industry," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(5), pages 975-1002, July.
- Mary Ann Glynn & Michael Lounsbury, 2005. "From the Critics' Corner: Logic Blending, Discursive Change and Authenticity in a Cultural Production System," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(5), pages 1031-1055, July.
More about this item
KeywordsStatus; Nonconformity; Institutional logics; Identity; Legitimacy; Celebrity; Opera and Arts;
- M1 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-05-30 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ial:wpaper:5/2015. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Leonardo Mezzina). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/emimtit.html .