Effects of Recent Carrot-and-Stick Policy Initiatives on Private Health Insurance Coverage in Australia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Alfons Palangkaraya & Jongsay Yong, 2005. "Effects of Recent Carrot-and-Stick Policy Initiatives on Private Health Insurance Coverage in Australia," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 81(254), pages 262-272, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ángel Marcos Vera-Hernández, 1999. "Duplicate coverage and demand for health care. The case of Catalonia," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(7), pages 579-598.
- Alfons Palangkaraya & Jongsay Yong, 2007.
"How effective is “lifetime health cover” in raising private health insurance coverage in Australia? An assessment using regression discontinuity,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(11), pages 1361-1374.
- Alfons Palangkaraya & Jongsay Yong, 2004. "How Effective is Lifetime Health Cover in Raising Private Health Insurance Coverage in Australia? An Assessment Using Regression Discontinuity," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2004n33, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- H.E. Frech Iii & Sandra Hopkins & Garry Macdonald, 2003. "The Australian Private Health Insurance Boom: Was It Subsidies Or Liberalised Regulation?," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 22(1), pages 58-64, March.
- Cameron, A. Colin & Trivedi, Pravin K., 1991. "The role of income and health risk in the choice of health insurance : Evidence from Australia," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, pages 1-28.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephanie Knox & Elizabeth Savage & Denzil Fiebig & Vineta Salale, 2007. "Joiners, leavers, stayers and abstainers: Private health insurance choices in Australia, CHERE Working Paper 2007/8," Working Papers 2007/8, CHERE, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Jongsay Yong & Alfons Palangkaraya & Elizabeth Webster & Peter Dawkins, 2006. "The Income Distributive Implications of Recent Private Health Insurance Policies in Australia," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2006n02, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Nathan Kettlewell, 2016. "Utilisation and Selection in an Ancillaries Health Insurance Market," Discussion Papers 2016-17, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Alfons Palangkaraya & Jongsay Yong & Elizabeth Webster & Peter Dawkins, 2009. "The income distributive implications of recent private health insurance policy reforms in Australia," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 10(2), pages 135-148, May.
- Randall Ellis & Elizabeth Savage, 2008. "Run for cover now or later? The impact of premiums, threats and deadlines on private health insurance in Australia," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, pages 257-277.
- Moorin, Rachael Elizabeth & Holman, Cashel D'Arcy James, 2007. "Modelling changes in the determinants of PHI utilisation in Western Australia across five health care policy eras between 1981 and 2001," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(2-3), pages 183-194, May.
- Gong, Xiaodong & Gao, Jiti, 2015.
"Nonparametric Kernel Estimation of the Impact of Tax Policy on the Demand for Private Health Insurance in Australia,"
IZA Discussion Papers
9265, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Xiaodong Gong & Jiti Gao, 2017. "Nonparametric kernel estimation of the impact of tax policy on the demand for private health insurance in Australia," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 7/17, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Xiaodong Gong & Jiti Gao, 2015. "Nonparametric Kernel Estimation of the Impact of Tax Policy on the Demand for Private Health Insurance in Australia," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 6/15, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Moorin, Rachael Elizabeth & Holman, Cashel D'Arcy James, 2008. "The cost of in-patient care in Western Australia in the last years of life: A population-based data linkage study," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(3), pages 380-390, March.
- Yicheng Kang & Xiaodong Gong & Jiti Gao & Peihua Qiu, 2016. "Error-in-Variables Jump Regression Using Local Clustering," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 13/16, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Alex Robson & Henry Ergas & Francesco Paolucci, 2011. "The Analytics of the Australian Private Health Insurance Rebate and the Medicare Levy Surcharge," Agenda - A Journal of Policy Analysis and Reform, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics, vol. 18(2), pages 27-48.
- Thomas Buchmueller, 2008. "Community Rating, Entry-Age Rating and Adverse Selection in Private Health Insurance in Australia*," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 33(4), pages 588-609, October.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-11-30 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iae:iaewps:wp2004n20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Abbey Treloar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mimelau.html .