Deludedly Agreeing to Agree
We study conditions relating to the impossibility of agreeing to disagree in models of interactive KD45 belief (in contrast to models of S5 knowledge, which are used in nearly all the agreements literature). Agreement and disagreement are studied under models of belief in three broad settings: non-probabilistic decision models, probabilistic belief revision of priors, and dynamic communication among players. We show that even when the truth axiom is not assumed it turns out that players will find it impossible to agree to disagree under fairly broad conditions.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Feldman Building - Givat Ram - 91904 Jerusalem|
Web page: http://www.ratio.huji.ac.il/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Morris, Stephen, 1996. "The Logic of Belief and Belief Change: A Decision Theoretic Approach," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 1-23, April.
- Jean-Marc Tallon & Jean-Christophe Vergnaud & Shmuel Zamir, 2004. "Communication among agents: a way to revise beliefs in KD45 Kripke structures," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00499348, HAL.
- Dov Samet, 2008. "The sure-thing principle and independence of irrelevant knowledge," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000002297, David K. Levine.
- Samet, Dov, 2010.
"Agreeing to disagree: The non-probabilistic case,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 169-174, May.
- Giacomo Bonanno & Klaus Nehring, 1999. "How to make sense of the common prior assumption under incomplete information," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 28(3), pages 409-434.
- Sergiu Hart & Yair Tauman, 1997.
"Market Crashes Without External Shocks,"
Game Theory and Information
9703009, EconWPA, revised 23 Apr 1997.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:huj:dispap:dp605. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tomer Siedner)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.