Municipal Solid Waste Collection Problems: A Literature Review
This paper presents a review of the available literature on solid waste management problems, with a particular focus on vehicle routing problems. The available papers are classified into different catego-ries with the purpose of providing the reader with a guide that facilitates his/her search for papers in his/her field of interest. For each category, a table is presented that gives a summary of how each paper scores from that perspective. Additional explanation is presented about the characteristics of each cate-gory using some key references. Finally, this paper discovers unexplored areas of research and identi-fies trends in the literature.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://research.hubrussel.be|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Li, Jing-Quan & Borenstein, Denis & Mirchandani, Pitu B., 2008. "Truck scheduling for solid waste collection in the City of Porto Alegre, Brazil," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1133-1149, December.
- Angelelli, Enrico & Grazia Speranza, Maria, 2002. "The periodic vehicle routing problem with intermediate facilities," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 137(2), pages 233-247, March.
- Wu, X.Y. & Huang, G.H. & Liu, L. & Li, J.B., 2006. "An interval nonlinear program for the planning of waste management systems with economies-of-scale effects--A case study for the region of Hamilton, Ontario, Canada," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 171(2), pages 349-372, June.
- Huang, G. H. & Baetz, B. W. & Patry, G. G., 1995. "Grey fuzzy integer programming: An application to regional waste management planning under uncertainty," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 17-38, March.
- Huang, Guo H. & Baetz, Brian W. & Patry, Gilles G., 1995. "Grey integer programming: An application to waste management planning under uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 594-620, June.
- Krikke, Harold & le Blanc, Ieke & van Krieken, Maaike & Fleuren, Hein, 2008. "Low-frequency collection of materials disassembled from end-of-life vehicles: On the value of on-line monitoring in optimizing route planning," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 209-228, February.
- Alp Ustundag & Emre Cevi̇kcan, 2008. "Vehicle Route Optimization For Rfid Integrated Waste Collection System," International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making (IJITDM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 7(04), pages 611-625.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hub:wpecon:201134. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Janssens)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.