A Quasi-experimental Comparison of Econometric Models for Health Care Expenditures
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Maasoumi, Esfandiar & Phillips, Peter C. B., 1982.
"On the behavior of inconsistent instrumental variable estimators,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 183-201, August.
- Esfandier Maasoumi & Peter C.B. Phillips, 1980. "On the Behavior of Inconsistent Instrumental Variable Estimators," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 568, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Deb, Partha & Trivedi, Pravin K., 2002. "The structure of demand for health care: latent class versus two-part models," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 601-625, July.
- Andrew M. Jones, 2012. "health econometrics," The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics, Palgrave Macmillan.
- James J. Heckman, 2001. "Micro Data, Heterogeneity, and the Evaluation of Public Policy: Nobel Lecture," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(4), pages 673-748, August.
- McDonald, James B & Mantrala, Anand, 1995. "The Distribution of Personal Income: Revisited," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(2), pages 201-204, April-Jun.
- Hendry, David F., 1982. "A reply to Professors Maasoumi and Phillips," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 203-213, August.
- Blough, David K. & Madden, Carolyn W. & Hornbrook, Mark C., 1999. "Modeling risk using generalized linear models," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 153-171, April.
- Manning, Willard G. & Mullahy, John, 2001.
"Estimating log models: to transform or not to transform?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 461-494, July.
- Willard G. Manning & John Mullahy, 1999. "Estimating Log Models: To Transform or Not to Transform?," NBER Technical Working Papers 0246, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrew Briggs & Richard Nixon & Simon Dixon & Simon Thompson, 2005. "Parametric modelling of cost data: some simulation evidence," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 421-428.
- repec:ris:apltrx:0315 is not listed on IDEAS
- Amal Malehi & Fatemeh Pourmotahari & Kambiz Angali, 2015. "Statistical models for the analysis of skewed healthcare cost data: a simulation study," Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 1-16, December.
- Richard M. Nixon & Simon G. Thompson, 2005. "Methods for incorporating covariate adjustment, subgroup analysis and between-centre differences into cost-effectiveness evaluations," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(12), pages 1217-1229.
- Steven C. Hill & G. Edward Miller, 2010. "Health expenditure estimation and functional form: applications of the generalized gamma and extended estimating equations models," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(5), pages 608-627.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CDM-2003-07-10 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-HEA-2003-07-10 (Health Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2003-07-10 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:htr:hcecon:212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jonathan Conning). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dhcunus.html .