Firm-Level Determinants of Board System Choice: Evidence from Russia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ichiro Iwasaki, 2013. "Firm-Level Determinants of Board System Choice: Evidence from Russia," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 55(4), pages 636-671, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Barnes, Jane & Liao, Ying, 2012. "The effect of individual, network, and collaborative competencies on the supply chain management system," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 888-899.
- Benjamin Maury, 2006. "Corporate Performance, Corporate Governance and Top Executive Turnover in Finland," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 12(2), pages 221-248, March.
- Naohito Abe & Ichiro Iwasaki, 2010.
"Organisational culture and corporate governance in Russia: a study of managerial turnover,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(4), pages 449-470.
- Abe, Naohito & Iwasaki, Ichiro, 2010. "Organizational Culture and Corporate Governance in Russia : A Study of Managerial Turnover," RRC Working Paper Series 21, Russian Research Center, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Iwasaki, Ichiro, 2008.
"The determinants of board composition in a transforming economy: Evidence from Russia,"
Journal of Corporate Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 532-549, December.
- Iwasaki, Ichiro, 2008. "The Determinants of Board Composition in a Transforming Economy: Evidence from Russia," RRC Working Paper Series 9, Russian Research Center, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Hans van Ees & Theo J.B.M. Postma & Elmer Sterken, 2003. "Board Characteristics and Corporate Performance in the Netherlands," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 29(1), pages 41-58, Winter.
- Linck, James S. & Netter, Jeffry M. & Yang, Tina, 2008. "The determinants of board structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 308-328, February.
- Yuhai Xuan, 2009. "Empire-Building or Bridge-Building? Evidence from New CEOs' Internal Capital Allocation Decisions," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(12), pages 4919-4948, December.
- Renée B. Adams & Heitor Almeida & Daniel Ferreira, 2005. "Powerful CEOs and Their Impact on Corporate Performance," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(4), pages 1403-1432.
- Gerald T. Garvey & Gordon Hanka, 1999. "Capital Structure and Corporate Control: The Effect of Antitakeover Statutes on Firm Leverage," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(2), pages 519-546, April.
- Weisbach, Michael S., 1988. "Outside directors and CEO turnover," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 431-460, January.
- Hayong Yun, 2009. "The Choice of Corporate Liquidity and Corporate Governance," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(4), pages 1447-1475, April.
- repec:bla:stratm:v:10:y:1989:i:s1:p:107-124 is not listed on IDEAS
- Luca Enriques & Paolo Volpin, 2007. "Corporate Governance Reforms in Continental Europe," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(1), pages 117-140, Winter.
- Jungmann Carsten, 2006. "The Effectiveness of Corporate Governance in One-Tier and Two-Tier Board Systems – Evidence from the UK and Germany –," European Company and Financial Law Review, De Gruyter, vol. 3(4), pages 426-474, December.
- Jiatao Li, 1994. "Ownership structure and board composition: A multi‐country test of agency theory predictions," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 359-368, July/Augu.
- Gary Gorton & Frank A. Schmid, 2004. "Capital, Labor, and The Firm: A Study of German Codetermination," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 2(5), pages 863-905, September.
- Frye, Timothy M. & Iwasaki, Ichiro, 2011. "Government directors and business–state relations in Russia," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 642-658.
- Igor Filatotchev & Mike Wright & Michael Bleaney, 1999. "Privatization, insider control and managerial entrenchment in Russia," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 7(2), pages 481-504, July.
- Udo C Braendle & Juergen Noll, 2006. "On the Convergence of National Corporate Governance Systems," Journal of Interdisciplinary Economics, , vol. 17(1-2), pages 57-81, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Iwasaki, Ichiro, 2017. "Corporate Governance System and Regional Heterogeneity: Evidence from East and West Russia," RRC Working Paper Series 72, Russian Research Center, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Muravyev, Alexander, 2017.
"Boards of directors in Russian publicly traded companies in 1998–2014: Structure, dynamics and performance effects,"
Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 5-25.
- Muravyev, Alexander, 2016. "Boards of Directors in Russian Publicly Traded Companies in 1998-2014: Structure, Dynamics and Performance Effects," IZA Discussion Papers 10436, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Iwasaki, Ichiro, 2014. "Global financial crisis, corporate governance, and firm survival:," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 178-211.
- Iwasaki, Ichiro, 2018. "International Presence of the Japanese Study of Russian and East European Economies," RRC Working Paper Series 74, Russian Research Center, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Carlo Bellavite Pellegrini & Emiliano Sironi, 2017. "Does a one-tier board affect firms’ performances? Evidences from Italian unlisted enterprises," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 213-224, January.
More about this item
Keywordsboard system choice; executive board; corporate governance; strategic management; Russia;
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- K22 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Business and Securities Law
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- P31 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Socialist Enterprises and Their Transitions
- P34 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Finance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:rrcwps:32_v2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Resources Section, Hitotsubashi University Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rrhitjp.html .