Institutions and Visa Regimes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hatton, Timothy J., 2014. "The economics of international migration: A short history of the debate," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 43-50.
- Charles R. Boehmer & Sergio PeÃ±a, 2012. "The Determinants of Open and Closed Borders," Journal of Borderlands Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(3), pages 273-285, December.
- Murphy, Kevin M & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1993. "Why Is Rent-Seeking So Costly to Growth?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 409-414, May.
- repec:eee:touman:v:33:y:2012:i:2:p:397-412 is not listed on IDEAS
- Romain Wacziarg & Karen Horn Welch, 2008.
"Trade Liberalization and Growth: New Evidence,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 22(2), pages 187-231, June.
- Wacziarg, Romain & Welch, Karen Horn, 2003. "Trade Liberalization and Growth: New Evidence," Research Papers 1826, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Romain Wacziarg & Karen Horn Welch, 2003. "Trade Liberalization and Growth: New Evidence," NBER Working Papers 10152, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Epstein, Gil S. & Hillman, Arye L., 2003. "Unemployed immigrants and voter sentiment in the welfare state," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(7-8), pages 1641-1655, August.
- Thomas Bauer & Gil Epstein & Ira Gang, 2005.
"Enclaves, language, and the location choice of migrants,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 18(4), pages 649-662, November.
- Ira N. Gang & Thomas Bauer & Gil S. Epstein, 2002. "Enclaves, Language and the Location Choice of Migrants," Departmental Working Papers 200217, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Epstein, Gil S. & Gang, Ira N., 2002. "Enclaves, Language and the Location Choice of Migrants," IZA Discussion Papers 558, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Bauer, Thomas & Epstein, Gil S & Gang, Ira, 2002. "Enclaves, Language and the Location Choice of Migrants," CEPR Discussion Papers 3527, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gil Epstein & Shmuel Nitzan, 2006. "The struggle over migration policy," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 19(4), pages 703-723, October.
- Graziella Bertocchi & Chiara Strozzi, 2008.
"International migration and the role of institutions,"
Springer, vol. 137(1), pages 81-102, October.
- Graziella Bertocchi & Chiara Strozzi, 2008. "International Migration and the Role of Institutions," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 012, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Grossman, Gene M. & Helpman, Elhanan, 1991. "Trade, knowledge spillovers, and growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(2-3), pages 517-526, April.
- Neumayer, Eric, 2011. "On the detrimental impact of visa restrictions on bilateral trade and foreign direct investment," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 37226, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson, 2005. "Unbundling Institutions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(5), pages 949-995, October.
- Avdan, Nazli, 2012. "Human trafficking and migration control policy: vicious or virtuous cycle?," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(03), pages 171-205, December.
- Guido Tabellini, 2008.
"The Scope of Cooperation: Values and Incentives,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 123(3), pages 905-950.
- Guido Tabellini, 2007. "The Scope of Cooperation: values and incentives," Working Papers 328, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Tabellini, Guido, 2007. "The Scope of Cooperation: Values and incentives," CEPR Discussion Papers 6534, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Guido Tabellini, 2008. "The Scope of Cooperation: Values and Incentives," CESifo Working Paper Series 2236, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michael A. Clemens, 2011. "Economics and Emigration: Trillion-Dollar Bills on the Sidewalk?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 25(3), pages 83-106, Summer.
- Frédéric Docquier & Giovanni Peri & Ilse Ruyssen, 2016.
"The Cross-country Determinants of Potential and Actual Migration,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: The Economics of International Migration, chapter 12, pages 361-423
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Frédéric Docquier & Giovanni Peri & Ilse Ruyssen, 2014. "The Cross-country Determinants of Potential and Actual Migration," International Migration Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48, pages 37-99, September.
More about this item
Keywordsvisa barriers; institutions; norms and values; institutional complementarity;
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, Operations, and Impact
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- F55 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Institutional Arrangements
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LAW-2015-12-12 (Law & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hig:wpaper:114/ec/2015. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamil Abdulaev) or (Shamil Abdulaev). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/hsecoru.html .