Posting Post Laval International and National Responses
There is on ongoing debate on how European labour law should best be described and understood. According to one view national and EU labour law should not be regarded as two separate legal systems. Instead this view stresses the symbiosis of national labour law systems and EC labour law. This view also emphasis a sociological approach to EC labour law: an approach which looks beyond the vertical interaction between Member States and EC institutions. The role of different actors, processes and outcomes at both European and national are equally important for understanding how labour law is shaped. The story of the Posting of Workers Directive (96/71/EC), the Laval, Rüffert and Commission vs. Luxemburg-cases and their aftermath lends itself perfectly for such a multi-level governance approach. The aim of this article is to analyse the legal responses on the case law of the EU-Court, both at European level and at national level in the Nordic Countries.
|Date of creation:||30 Jun 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Economics, Uppsala University, P. O. Box 513, SE-751 20 Uppsala, Sweden|
Phone: + 46 18 471 25 00
Fax: + 46 18 471 14 78
Web page: http://www.nek.uu.se/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Susanne Ek & Bertil Holmlund, 2010.
"Family Job Search, Wage Bargainings, and Optimal Unemployment Insurance,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2920, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ek Susanne & Holmlund Bertil, 2010. "Family Job Search, Wage Bargaining, and Optimal Unemployment Insurance," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-27, May.
- and Bertil Holmlund, Susanne Ek, 2010. "Family Job Search, Wage Bargaining, and Optimal Unemployment Insurance," Working Paper Series 2010:2, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Ek Spector, Susanne & Holmlund, Bertil, 2010. "Family Job Search, Wage Bargaining, and Optimal Unemployment Insurance," IZA Discussion Papers 4701, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ek, Susanne & Holmlund, Bertil, 2010. "Family Job Search, Wage Bargaining, and Optimal Unemployment Insurance," Working Paper Series, Center for Labor Studies 2010:1, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:uulswp:2010_005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katarina Grönvall)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.