Demand and Welfare Effects in Recreational Travel Models: A Bivariate Count Data Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Douglas M. Larson, 1993. "Joint Recreation Choices and Implied Values of Time," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 69(3), pages 270-286.
- Brannlund, Runar & Nordstrom, Jonas, 2004.
"Carbon tax simulations using a household demand model,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 211-233, February.
- Brännlund, Runar & Nordström, Jonas, 1999. "Carbon Tax Simulations Using a Household Demand Model," Umeå Economic Studies 508, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Morey, Edward R. & Shaw, W. Douglass & Rowe, Robert D., 1991. "A discrete-choice model of recreational participation, site choice, and activity valuation when complete trip data are not available," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 181-201, March.
- Englin, Jeffrey & Shonkwiler, J S, 1995. "Estimating Social Welfare Using Count Data Models: An Application to Long-Run Recreation Demand under Conditions of Endogenous Stratification and Truncation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(1), pages 104-112, February.
- Murat K. Munkin & Pravin K. Trivedi, 1999. "Simulated maximum likelihood estimation of multivariate mixed-Poisson regression models, with application," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 2(1), pages 29-48.
- Browning, Martin & Meghir, Costas, 1991. "The Effects of Male and Female Labor Supply on Commodity Demands," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 925-951, July.
- Gurmu, Shiferaw & Trivedi, Pravin K, 1996. "Excess Zeros in Count Models for Recreational Trips," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(4), pages 469-477, October.
- Larry G. Epstein, 1982. "Integrability of Incomplete Systems of Demand Functions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(3), pages 411-425.
- Jeffrey T. LaFrance, 1990.
"Incomplete Demand Systems And Semilogarithmic Demand Models,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 34(2), pages 118-131, August.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 1990. "Incomplete Demand Systems And Semilogarithmic Demand Models," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 34(02), August.
- Chib, Siddhartha & Winkelmann, Rainer, 2001. "Markov Chain Monte Carlo Analysis of Correlated Count Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 19(4), pages 428-435, October.
- Berman, Matthew D. & Kim, Hong Jin, 1999. "Endogenous On-Site Time In The Recreation Demand Model," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21616, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- J. R. Hicks, 1942. "Consumers' Surplus and Index-Numbers," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 126-137.
- Jeffrey T. LaFrance & W. Michael Hanemann, 1989. "The Dual Structure of Incomplete Demand Systems," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 71(2), pages 262-274.
- Rainer Winkelmann, 2002. "Health Care Reform and the Number of Doctor Visits ï¿½ An Econometric Analysis," SOI - Working Papers 0210, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Epstein, L, 1975. "A Disaggregate Analysis of Consumer Choice under Uncertainty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(5-6), pages 877-892, Sept.-Nov.
- W. Douglass Shaw & Peter Feather, 1999. "Possibilities for Including the Opportunity Cost of Time in Recreation Demand Systems," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(4), pages 592-602.
- Kenneth E. Train, 1998. "Recreation Demand Models with Taste Differences over People," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(2), pages 230-239.
- Jeffrey Englin & Peter Boxall & David Watson, 1998. "Modeling Recreation Demand in a Poisson System of Equations: An Analysis of the Impact of International Exchange Rates," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(2), pages 255-263.
- Matthew D. Berman & Hong Jin Kim, 1999. "Endogenous On-Site Time in the Recreation Demand Model," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(4), pages 603-619.
- Wang, Peiming, 2003. "A bivariate zero-inflated negative binomial regression model for count data with excess zeros," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 373-378, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jörgen Hellström & Jonas Nordström, 2008. "A count data model with endogenous household specific censoring: the number of nights to stay," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 179-192, August.
More about this item
Keywordsdemand analysis; welfare effects; count data; bivariate zero inflation;
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C34 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Truncated and Censored Models; Switching Regression Models
- C35 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:umnees:0648. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Skog). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inumuse.html .