Demand and Welfare Effects in Recreational Travel Models: A Bivariate Count Data Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Douglas M. Larson, 1993. "Joint Recreation Choices and Implied Values of Time," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 69(3), pages 270-286.
- Brannlund, Runar & Nordstrom, Jonas, 2004.
"Carbon tax simulations using a household demand model,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 211-233, February.
- Brännlund, Runar & Nordström, Jonas, 1999. "Carbon Tax Simulations Using a Household Demand Model," Umeå Economic Studies 508, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Morey, Edward R. & Shaw, W. Douglass & Rowe, Robert D., 1991. "A discrete-choice model of recreational participation, site choice, and activity valuation when complete trip data are not available," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 181-201, March.
- Englin, Jeffrey & Shonkwiler, J S, 1995. "Estimating Social Welfare Using Count Data Models: An Application to Long-Run Recreation Demand under Conditions of Endogenous Stratification and Truncation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(1), pages 104-112, February.
- Murat K. Munkin & Pravin K. Trivedi, 1999. "Simulated maximum likelihood estimation of multivariate mixed-Poisson regression models, with application," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 2(1), pages 29-48.
- Browning, Martin & Meghir, Costas, 1991. "The Effects of Male and Female Labor Supply on Commodity Demands," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 925-951, July.
- Gurmu, Shiferaw & Trivedi, Pravin K, 1996. "Excess Zeros in Count Models for Recreational Trips," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(4), pages 469-477, October.
- Larry G. Epstein, 1982. "Integrability of Incomplete Systems of Demand Functions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(3), pages 411-425.
- Jeffrey T. LaFrance, 1990.
"Incomplete Demand Systems And Semilogarithmic Demand Models,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 34(2), pages 118-131, August.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 1990. "Incomplete Demand Systems And Semilogarithmic Demand Models," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 34(2), pages 1-14, August.
- Chib, Siddhartha & Winkelmann, Rainer, 2001. "Markov Chain Monte Carlo Analysis of Correlated Count Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 19(4), pages 428-435, October.
- Berman, Matthew D. & Kim, Hong Jin, 1999. "Endogenous On-Site Time In The Recreation Demand Model," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21616, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- J. R. Hicks, 1942. "Consumers' Surplus and Index-Numbers," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 126-137.
- Jeffrey T. LaFrance & W. Michael Hanemann, 1989. "The Dual Structure of Incomplete Demand Systems," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 71(2), pages 262-274.
- Rainer Winkelmann, 2002. "Health Care Reform and the Number of Doctor Visits ï¿½ An Econometric Analysis," SOI - Working Papers 0210, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Epstein, L, 1975. "A Disaggregate Analysis of Consumer Choice under Uncertainty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(5-6), pages 877-892, Sept.-Nov.
- W. Douglass Shaw & Peter Feather, 1999. "Possibilities for Including the Opportunity Cost of Time in Recreation Demand Systems," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(4), pages 592-602.
- Kenneth E. Train, 1998. "Recreation Demand Models with Taste Differences over People," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(2), pages 230-239.
- Jeffrey Englin & Peter Boxall & David Watson, 1998. "Modeling Recreation Demand in a Poisson System of Equations: An Analysis of the Impact of International Exchange Rates," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(2), pages 255-263.
- Matthew D. Berman & Hong Jin Kim, 1999. "Endogenous On-Site Time in the Recreation Demand Model," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(4), pages 603-619.
- Wang, Peiming, 2003. "A bivariate zero-inflated negative binomial regression model for count data with excess zeros," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 373-378, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jörgen Hellström & Jonas Nordström, 2008. "A count data model with endogenous household specific censoring: the number of nights to stay," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 179-192, August.
More about this item
Keywordsdemand analysis; welfare effects; count data; bivariate zero inflation;
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C34 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Truncated and Censored Models; Switching Regression Models
- C35 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:umnees:0648. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Skog). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inumuse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.